Anyone here use Aptana Studio?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by wrldwzrd89, Jul 9, 2009.

1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I've used it, and my overall conclusion is that it's very Dreamweaver-esque, especially in the user interface - but it doesn't have the super-high price Dreamweaver does - in fact, it's free and open source. It also provides a lot of tools useful to web developers when designing sites.

I can't wholeheartedly recommend it as I haven't used it much since I downloaded it. I do suggest that anyone looking for a design tool give it a try, especially if WYSIWYG isn't a requirement.

2. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Well i am actually just about to give this a go i am looking for a solid ide for php development that will work a bit like taco but have inline debugging and some auto code completion.

3. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

Looks interesting! Not used it before, but may have to give it a go!

I'll check back to see how you get on...

/Doug

4. iGary Guest

iGary

I've just started using it as a newbie to doing and like it very much. It was recommended in the "Dummies" book I am reading on XHTML.

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Aptana is, in my opinion, pretty good as an ide for PHP and Ruby on Rails. For HTML and CSS though not so much... Not the most "Mac like" interface by any means, but since I'm used to using it in Linux that's not a problem.

Frankly I see no resemblance at all to Dreamweaver though...