Anyone here using a Logitech mouse with USB overdrive software? Need help ASAP.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by definitive, Jun 4, 2009.

1. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

So here's what happened: I had a MX518 that I got for my iMac, and then I found out that it had no drivers for OSX, so I ended up taking it back, and exchanging it for MX400. MX4000 has OSX drivers, but the wheel is awful. Each time I press the scroll wheel (which feels like it needs a bodybuilder to be able to press it), the thing tilts either left or right, causing it to not only activate the middle button, but also a left/right wheel button. This is very annoying.

I'm wondering if anyone here is using software such as USB Overdrive like the one found here http://www.usboverdrive.com/USBOverdrive/News.html or similar. I mainly want to run it on MX518, and was wondering if the dpi switch buttons still work with it after it's installed on the system.

2. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

I've never used that software. I use SteerMouse for my Logitech MX 3200 and it works great.

3. definitive thread starter macrumors 68000

definitive

oh, that's the other application i was looking at before. i'm just not sure if either of them allow you to take advantage of the dpi switching buttons that come with mx518. usb overdrive briefly mentions it though... i just like the 1800dpi setting that the 518 offers because it works really accurately with my 24" imac, but without the ability to map middle wheel button, and forward + back button, the mouse isn't of much use to me when it comes to web browsing.

4. definitive thread starter macrumors 68000

definitive

ok, the creator of steermouse says their software doesn't support dpi switching. guess i'll have to try and email usb overdrive's creator.