Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fleeper

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
I have done this on on my iphone. I knew it would delete my contacts but I thought after I could merge the two.

Do I need to go through my google contacts and edit them so that they appear and have the same information as my outlook contacts? Or is there a way to upload my outlook contacts my google contacts?

Thanks.

iPhoneKiller

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2008
Export you outlook contacts as a CSV and then go to gmail click contacts. On the right you should see import. Import that CSV, then set up the OTA syncing with Gmail and you should be set.

Also you can set up outlook to sync OTA with gmail as well

fleeper

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
Killer,

I did the export to csv route. I think I am going to love this. I guess when I sync my iphone to my PC now it will just update my podcasts and apps.

Having my contacts and calendar sync to the cloud looks good. Thanks much for the information.

iPhoneKiller

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2008
Killer,

I did the export to csv route. I think I am going to love this. I guess when I sync my iphone to my PC now it will just update my podcasts and apps.

Having my contacts and calendar sync to the cloud looks good. Thanks much for the information.

No problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.