Anyone here with a RMBP running Win thru Bootcamp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by intz2nu, Oct 30, 2012.

1. intz2nu macrumors 6502

intz2nu

Would love to hear feedback if Windows looks better on a Retina Display than the adverage PC machine.

2. polarbipolar macrumors newbie

In fact, that depends on what you mean by "looks better".
    Of course with the latest bootcamp drivers windows uses the native screen resolution and pictures and text look beautifuly crisp and clear.

But Windows does not support scaling by far, so this means you would need to turn magnification on to at least 150% (if not 200%). At this point there are quite a lot of programs not supporting this windows magnification properly, which leads some letters to hide or extrude to the spaces they are not supposed to be in.

Apart from that, the performance itself is lightning fast and flawless
    (rMBP 2.6/16/512 w/ Windows 8 Pro)

3. nanolife macrumors 6502

nanolife

I share the same opinion and I'm using the exactly same configuration. (rMBP 2.6/16/512 w/ Windows 8 Pro)

4. xxcysxx macrumors 6502

i've heard the newer parallels 8 has support for the retinas screen, does this mean windows will scaled properly and no magnification is required?
    will text aligned properly?

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I have my resolution at 1680 instead of the full 2880 on Windows. Everything is way too tiny at full resolution, but it looks amazing though!

6. stevelam macrumors 65816

nope. all it does is adjust DPI to 200% automatically. some programs/popup windows with text will still be obscured.