Anyone holding off on ordering a case from apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcho3, Jul 23, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Anyone holding off to see what other cases apple might offer? It did say the choice of these cases are subject to change.

2. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

I thought about it but I'm going to get one now as I think there is a higher likelihood of apple running out of the best case and replacing it with another

3. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

What case did you order? Or what case are you ordering?

4. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Yeah. Those who can get it now should probably just jump on it.

I'm sort of bummed that I'm still waiting on my phone. Not sure what the selection and ship time will be by the time I get my phone. I won't have a case till next summer at this rate. lol.

5. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

The deals with third party vendors have been made. The cases you see are the only ones you will be able to get. To hold off is just delaying the inevitable and probably delaying it much longer the more you prolong it.

6. chembox macrumors 6502a

How do you know this? Apple has probably negotiated with case companies to buy a bulk of cases for a significantly lower price than sold to customers normally. There might be other manufacturers that want to jump onto the list. Remember, only a week has passed since this has been officially announced.

7. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

K hold off then :D

8. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

I wouldn't hold off. We know very well what happend those of us who waited for the white iphone 4. It turned out very well, didn't it? The only cases you would expect them to release are colored bumper cases, but I bet apple is just going to push back all the way back to end of year.

9. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

I wouldn't hold off too long..the iPhone is releasing in 13 more countries on July 30th. If you think the wait now is long just wait until the new buyers get into the mix of it all.

10. Dizzy810 macrumors member

I'm holding off. I already have a third party case, so I'm not in a rush to get one. The only reason I am getting another is because it is free. I want a white bumper so I figure I will hold off for a few weeks and if it still isn't available I will choose one of the others before the August 23rd cutoff. I'm betting that Apple is waiting until they have some of the other color bumpers manufactured before offering them. Why else would they have pulled all of them from the store if they were only going to offer one?

11. Savor Suspended

Savor

The early bird catches the worm here. You don't want to be like those Angry ones.

Like the people who bought a bumper before the free giveaway. They took advantage, got fully reimbursed from the company that branded them, and "may" get rewarded with another FREE case. No matter what, the early bumper owners will have one free extra case over others.

Not good on playing the waiting game especially if iP4 expands to new territories. Ordered my case in 8am California time today. Noticed people have later shipment dates than mine now.

You may not like the look or feel with those cases, but no time to be picky. Beggars can't be choosers.

12. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I was thinking about waiting to see what else might be available but ended up getting the pixelskin HD. Better to pick it up now and know exactly what you're getting than waiting and who knows what would be available later.

13. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

Yeah I've decided to hold off a week or so. Will see if they decide to add any colored cases or bumpers. We have a month to choose and since I already have a bumper I'm not in any rush.

14. RodChester macrumors regular

RodChester

I was hoping for some colored bumpers but I just went ahead and ordered a black one. I already have a black one on my phone now so this will just be a back up. Also, by the time I need to replace my current bumper and use the new one I'm hoping the retail stores have the colored ones in stock and I can just do an exchange there.

15. megsalias macrumors regular

I thought about waiting, but I went ahead and ordered the PixelSkin HD early this morning. I'm glad I did now because I've noticed that some people have ship dates a month later than mine.

16. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

I'm not going to hold off. As soon as I pick up my iP4 from AT&T, I plan on ordering my case that day.

17. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Well I don't have my iPhone yet (was waiting for white but put my name down for a black today with today's news). If I buy one new will they have cases I can just pick up in store at the same time for free, or will I still have to go through this program? If so I'll probably wait a bit and see if they bring out colored bumpers or something.

18. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yes, I'm holding off. None of the cases really float
    My boat and worse case I can always get a bumper. I'm using an eBay $2 TPU which serves it purpose so I'm in no hurry.

19. trozau macrumors regular

trozau

Holding off. Tech 21 iBand comes out Aug and I hope they add it to the list. :)

20. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Read: We might run out of some of these, and if we do and you wanted one you're SOL.

21. Savor Suspended

Savor

Just a heads up if you already own an iPhone 4. You have up until August 22nd to claim a free case.

If you don't have an iPhone 4, you have within 30 days after purchase to claim a case. So if you buy an iPhone 4 on September 30 (the day the free giveaway ends), you still have up until the end of October to claim one.

22. 101AirAssault macrumors member

I'm not having issues with my phone so I don't plan on getting a "free" case. (that's not really free, the cost will be passed onto the consumer)

23. chembox macrumors 6502a

No it won't.