Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e.magnusson

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
I was just wondering if anyone in Canada has gotten Leopard yet? Mine still says its in transit in Calgary and its been like that for a few hours... I'm in Lethbridge 2 hours away but nothing has happened for hours. Hmmm

triangletire

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2007
Just outside of Winnipeg (Stonewall). Purolator still shows mine stuck in Toronto (and I ordered on announcement day!!) :mad:

juliuspleaser

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2007
I got my copy (Ottawa).
Only problem is that it will not install. Says it "Cannot start up from this volume" when i select my HD to install it to.
So I bought a $129 coaster that can't even be returned as it is software.

triangletire

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2007
mine won't be arriving today even though I ordered on the 16th. I called Apple and they gave me a $30.00 store credit. Purolator claims it is coming by ground from Toronto and will be here in Winnipeg sometime next week. The ball has been officially dropped.

Alexjungle

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2007
I got mine 9:30am this morning from Purolator to Vancouver. Planning on doing a clean install tonight.

haiggy

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I got mine, although I'm not too sure what time. Sometime before 1:30pm. I left a note on the door to Purolator w/ my signature telling them to leave it around back in a box I put there for them and they did. Awesome :) I have it installed and did an upgrade 'cause I'm waiting for my 500 GB external to be delivered... once it is I'm thinking of backing everything up and doing a fresh install.

But then I might not be up for all that work.....

Suspended
Jun 11, 2007
I hate Purolator, like I have no remorse for them anymore.

I knew that on Friday no one would be home (I was going to be at school or work) so I called Purolator asking if they could just drop it at my door, they told me no. I asked if I could leave my signature at the door authorizing it to be delivered and one again they told me no that is against Apple's Shipping policies. But, they then told me that I will be able to pick it up the next day (Saturday) at the depot.

Well I get home to find the Purolator "Note Of Delivery" on my door, take a look at the slip and it says my package won't be available for pickup until Monday :mad: .

What the crap?! I need Leopard, why do all shipping companies actually suck these days. I also ordered something from Microsoft and it was shipping via Purolator this week; the package showed up when no one was home on Wednesday so I figured I would just pick it up on Saturday when I go to pick up Leopard. WRONG!

According to the Purolator site, my package has left the depot and is being shipped back to Microsoft? That's so not holding it for 5 business days grrrr.

I actually hate this, I'm going to call Purolator and see if they can at least track down my copy of Leopard.

e.magnusson

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
I agree, Purolator is stupid. Leopard was on vehicle for delivery for 3 hours, so then it changed to delivery date rescheduled. So I called and they told me the delivery man got 'busy' and couldn't make all the deliveries and that I'd have to wait until Monday to pick it up because the guy hadn't taken the packages out of his truck. UGH. And also customs sucks too, my iPod touch has been held up in customs for a day now. Akk

naftalim

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Got mine at 12:30PM on Friday, install took about 30 minutes, smooth as silk. I only had to download a printer driver for my Brother Laser Multifunction, they already had a Leopard update. I have a fairly new Aluminum iMac.

haiggy

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Got mine at 12:30PM on Friday, install took about 30 minutes, smooth as silk. I only had to download a printer driver for my Brother Laser Multifunction, they already had a Leopard update. I have a fairly new Aluminum iMac.

Same with me. I got it from Purolator around 12:30 PM and had to re-install my Lexmark printer driver.

To the guy that called in to Purolator asking about leaving a notice.... just do it anyways and try it. What's the harm? I've tried it twice and it's worked both times. Of course the people on the phone are going to tell you no, but the delivery man doesn't want to have to come back to your house the next day... so he'll leave it. Just make sure its signed and says that you give them the authority to leave it there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.