Anyone In Canada Have Their Iphone 4S Orders Preparing For Shipment?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by username008, Oct 9, 2011.

1. username008 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone from Canada has had their IPhone 4S orders move from "Processing" to "Preparing for Shipment"?

I noticed that many others have had their orders proceed to "Preparing for Shipment" - but are those people in the USA?

Also, does "Ships by October 14th" mean I will receive it on the 14th? (In canada)

Thank you so much!

2. khadgar2k1 macrumors member

3. vhl71 macrumors regular

mine is still processing....
    hope to get it by friday..

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Still processing for me too. I was talking Apple on their live chat just a few minutes ago and she said that we should still expect up to 5 more days for shipping, so a lot of us Canadians might not get it this week even though we were part of the first batch of pre-orders. I really hope mine ships in the next day or two so that I get it by the weekend! I would hate to wait through another one.

5. username008 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info - seems like Apple is inconsistent with their information as I was told we could expect to receive them from the 13-15! I would assume that people who order now (where it says available 1-2 weeks) would get it shipped on the 14th and onwards.. Hope we get them this Friday! Fingers crossed!

6. momin macrumors newbie

I ordered at 3:43 AM EST as soon as the apple site was up and its still processing! really hope it comes on / before friday!!!

7. Massa macrumors member

Massa

I ordered at around 2 a.m. PST, and mine is still processing, I really hope we get them by the 14th. Suck if we don't.

(I'm in BC)

8. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

9. 314631 macrumors 6502a

You'll get it by the middle of next week at the latest if you ordered early. Don't worry.

10. MacAlpha macrumors regular

Still nothing here. My order still says Processing Items.

I have found that if you order something from Apple and it ships from China you usually (though not always) get it within 2 to 4 days. Packages can make it from China to Mississauga in a little over 24 hours and be delivered the next day once it clears customs, so I am still holding out hope (atleast until about midday Wednesday). After that, I am assuming an early next week delivery.

11. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Yeah if it ships by Wednesday, there might be a small chance it'll be here by Friday. If it doesn't get here by then, I might trying my chances at lining up and seeing how big the lines are.

12. MacAlpha macrumors regular

Mine is being delivered to downtown Toronto so from the Mississauga gateway station, and in the past it seems to go directly from there on to the final delivery truck. I see you are from Guelph, that may slow things down if it needs to transferred to another depot before it being delivered (never had anything sent to Guelph before).

13. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I'm actually in Kitchener now, but usually when I order something from Apple and it comes via UPS, it gets to the Mississauga depot then straight to my house. With Fedex, there's a depot closer to my house so it goes there, then to my house, which takes a couple hours more.

14. Yofi macrumors member

Nice to see a Canuck thread. :) I didn't preorder from Apple but I did Fido's preorder thing and it says I'm about #620 in line. I wonder what that'll translate to in terms of what day I get my phone.

15. bobdard macrumors regular

I also ordered within minutes of the store opening... just called Apple, and the lady says it's shipping on the 14th, for delivery early next week.

I asked her if she's just saying that because that's what it says online, and she said no there's been lots of people calling for that and it is in fact shipping later than the US ones...at least that's what I was told.

16. username008, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

username008 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info.. sure hope that's not the case.. since people who pre-ordered when the Iphone was "available in 1-2 weeks" SHOULD have their phones shipped on the 14th and onwards.. and ours should be days before that.. hardly fair!

17. Sakic10 macrumors member

does anyone know if we get applecare + in canada?

I ordered mine through Telus though, and havent heard anything yet :s

18. JackIsBack macrumors newbie

My shipping status is now "preparing to ship" ... YES!!

19. christyn macrumors 6502a

According to Apple, anything that is "preparing to ship" will definitely not ship until Friday, and will be delivered early next week. Makes sense given that most of the US orders were also in the "preparing to ship" status for a couple days before they actually shipped.

20. tony891031 macrumors newbie

Preparing for shipment too, ordered at 12:43am pst.

21. nigameash macrumors 6502

mine just changed to preparing for shipment. hope I get it on friday

22. JackIsBack macrumors newbie

Mine is now "shipped" with the UPS system saying it will be delivered on October 17th (Monday) by 12 noon.

23. Harman.S macrumors newbie

Most people will receive there iPhones tomorrow!

Yeah I've been checking my order too, and as of this morning it started saying "shipped" on the Apple account. It said shipped on October 13th and I didn't think I have any chances to receive it tomorrow. But within 12 hours it was already in Alaska. So it is for sure that it will be delivered tomorrow to most Canadians, even if your phone got shipped on October 13th. Keep your hopes up! It only takes 24 hours for Apple to send it to your house. Below is my tracking information if it helps;

Anchorage, AK, United States 10/13/2011 12:37 Arrival Scan

Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 10/13/2011 19:26 Departure Scan
    10/13/2011 15:55 Arrival Scan
    Shenzhen, China 10/13/2011 13:00 Departure Scan
    10/13/2011 10:57 Origin Scan

China 10/13/2011 0:08 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

***By the way if your status says "Preparing to ship" then that means it's already been sent out to the delivery facility. You can simply go on to the either UPS or FEDEX tracking and put in the Apple order number, minus the last 2 digits in it, into the reference tracking. And there you go, it will show where your phones at! (Worked for me)!