Anyone in Ohio and having 3G problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bmstrong, Sep 23, 2009.

1. bmstrong macrumors 6502

Running a 3GS in the Kent area, with 3.0 on the iPhone. Until early Tuesday morning I've been pretty pleased with the rock solid coverage of the 3G network. But for the last day and a half it's been brutal. I've lucky to be able to connect, maybe, 5% of the time. Edge works all of the time and is fine in a pinch but this is my primary connection and it's painfull going back.

Anyone else having problems around Ohio?

2. AngryApple macrumors 6502

A lot of my friends on Facebook are complaining about AT&T's sucky coverage all the sudden. We figured it was due to the massive flooding in the south east (where we are.) Guess it is everywhere then. :confused:

3. MooseKnuckle macrumors newbie

Yea, 3g in the Cincinnati area has been lacking for two weeks now. Phone calls have been rolling to voicemail when calling someone connected to 3g. According to At&t, it's because they are improving 3g in the area.

4. stvfisher macrumors member

Interesting thread. I'm around the Canton, Akron and Fairlawn areas daily and I've been dropping my 3G connection constantly over the last week or so. I've been rebooting my phone to re-establish a connection blaming the 3.1 update!

5. jutte64 macrumors regular

i am in dayton and i havent noticed a problem at all.. was just using the browser on it this morning and it was fine.

6. BMacUC macrumors newbie

I live in Northern KY but work in Cincinnati. Ever since 3.1, it seems, I have been dropping calls left and right, even with full or almost full 3g signal. Some of my friends with iphones have had similar problems in the area.

7. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

3G service is working well in Columbus....nothing out of the norm here.

8. bakerster macrumors regular

9. daytoncj macrumors member

I'm in dayton and it's been fine. However, I was in cinci for the Bengals/Broncos game two weekends ago and couldn't dial out, send a text, anything on 3G. Not sure if that was because of the amount of people in the area using a single tower. Either way, very frustrating.

10. oneteam macrumors member

No problems in the Hyde Park area in Cincinnati.

11. jutte64 macrumors regular

still working great in dayton and MMS is now working!

12. Tilt macrumors member

working ok in cleveland. grabbing some email right now.

iphone 3g soft 3.0

13. Lee Potts macrumors newbie

Yeah my 3g has been terrible in the Akron area. My friend just got a new 3gs and the service has been so terrible the last few days she thought it was the phone, but I'm having the same problems on the iphone 3g

14. daytoncj macrumors member

seriously?! I wish mine was working, I'm in centerville and getting the red ! still. arrrrghh.

15. jutte64 macrumors regular

i did the carrier update earlier this week and it just started finally working for me after lunch today.