Carrier Anyone in Phoenix, AZ on T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sleepydinosaur, Feb 13, 2017.

1. sleepydinosaur Suspended

sleepydinosaur

I'm looking to leave ATT even though I have great reception here. Pondering T-Mo. Was curious as to how good the reception is in the metro Phoenix area.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

As far as I am concerned it's just fine.

You won't get ~150 down, but it's consistent and coverage is good pretty much everywhere I go.

I average around 5-25 down, depending on where I'm at. I do have a 4G LTE Personal Cellspot though for home. Uses my home network for backhaul.

Compared to Sprint, from where we ported in late 2015, I can do anything I normally do and not have to worry about coverage or speed. It just happens.

We're on one of the older Simple Choice plans that were being offered in September 2015 though. We aren't on the One plan or any variation thereof. It doesn't matter as far as coverage and speed but it does where price is concerned.

West Valley, by the way. 83rd and Indian School for home, 59th and Palmaire (Glendale) for work.

3. sleepydinosaur thread starter Suspended

sleepydinosaur

Excellent. I'm at Central and Camelback and I can see an ATT tower from my window so the coverage is strong (even in a questionably built 60 year old building).

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, from personal experience I can tell you that the signal is quite strong at the Old Spaghetti Factory, which is right in your area (Central and McDowell).

They usually put us in the back and I've not ever had issues getting signal (LTE). Sprint was horrific there though. Dropped to 1x in the back and connected to some friggin tower in the far east of Scottsdale. So I was EXTREMELY happy to discover T-Mobile had us covered there.