iPad mini Anyone in US have a rMini LTE?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GBR, Nov 13, 2013.

1. GBR macrumors 6502

It seems the few times I've found a person that purchased a LTE rMini is overseas in the UK. It's strange that Apple would apparently have some to ship but only send them there? Has anyone in the US found a LTE rMini in-store?

I'm banking on being able to pick one up in-store within the next week or two rather than purchase one online and wait possibly 3 weeks to get it.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't think their out yet, I'm waiting for my order to be processed.

3. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

They're certainly available here at some stores for pickup... well the 32GB version is.

I'm waiting for the 64 and 128.

4. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

None for instore pick up in nyc otherwise my Air might be headed back to Apple.

5. GBR thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, I'm hoping that since the LTE models have at least shipped somewhere there is hope they may even show up in the US today

6. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

Hopefully something today or tomorrow for us if the UK has them. Didn't think anyone anywhere had them yet.

7. GBR thread starter macrumors 6502

8. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

This is my frustration. As I've seen 32GB versions over here, I know the Cellular is around. What I don't know is if the 64 and 128s are coming in but being snapped up quickly, or just not available at all.

9. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

Not yet....I've placed my order and with expedited shipping it says 11/20 is the earliest.

10. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for that 32. We don't have anything here yet (or at least I haven't seen anyone mention they got one)

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Are you sure the available units are LTE models and not wifi?

12. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Yep, 100%

[​IMG]

13. GBR thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm curious if anyone has attempted to go by or call a carrier store? I seriously doubt Apple would send stock of LTE units to carriers before Apple Stores, but on the other hand just a couple days ago I seriously doubted Apple would quietly start selling the rMini at midnight with no fanfare.

14. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Gone by a few Att stores, they all seem to think they will get stock on the 22nd, according to internal documents, but they have no idea. Said I could order in store, but gave the 21-28 business day quote for delivery.

15. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

I went to my local Verizon store yesterday morning at 9am and they had nothing. Called this morning, still nothing. Not that they would know, but they seem to anticipate getting some in a week or so, according to them.

16. takiv macrumors member

Does it matter which LTE version you order on the new rMini ? I was under the impression that you just need correct nano sim for the carrier. But was told conflicting information.

17. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

Can you tell me where you saw it? I haven't seen any store have any cellular model of any size.

18. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

He's in the UK, talking about this in the US thread for some reason.

19. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

I ordered for delivery, but I was hoping to pick one up in the stores instead. Does anybody know when it will be available at U.S. stores?

20. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Technically no. But I've been told by a few people that VZW does not easily sell pre-paid SIMs, only post-paid. So best to check w/ the carrier you plan you using to find out out easily you can obtain a month-to-month SIM.

21. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

"Some Reason" being that the OP was talking about the LTE being available in the UK and not the US. I was just confirming it.

22. GBR thread starter macrumors 6502

I appreciated the confirmation.

Still checking even east coast stores online as they seem to get stock first, still nothing.

23. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

If I had to guess, USA not getting anything due to carrier sims. The models in the UK prob come with an empty sim slot. Not sure if Canada has stock though (they should have empty slots too)

24. GBR thread starter macrumors 6502

Looks like LTE models in various capacities are trickling in. None at my local store yet though :(. Actually according to the site my local apple store has yet to get even wifi units...

25. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Lots of LTE models available to order now in Texas. Sorry MrGimper, my bad, didn't read the OP fully.