Anyone in Westboro/Northboro MA with G3?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cyn, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Cyn macrumors newbie

I am chomping at the bit to get an iPhone. Is there anyone on here with a new G3 iPhone that lives or works in the Westboro, Northboro Massachusetts or surrounding towns? I would love to hear about how your reception is. About five or so years ago, I had AT&T (cingular) as my cell phone carrier and switched to Verizon. I found I had much better reception with Verizon. I really don't want to go through all the hassle of changing cell phone carriers AND pay the higher monthly fees if the reception is just so-so.

Thanks
    Cyn

2. SHIFTLife macrumors 6502

I don't live in Northboro, but I have a group of friends that do (Main Street, near White Cliffs). I've also got a friend in Westboro (at the 135 rotary). Within a few miles of both areas, I've had 3G service with no less than 3 bars of signal.

Outside of that, I live in Framingham, and I have weak 3G in my apartment at times, but being near the Pike, I've got great service outside. Between there and my office in Cambridge, I have nearly 100% full strength 3G signal.

3G aside, AT&T's service isn't any worse than Verizon. I don't have dropped calls, save for a botched tower handoff at the Rt 2/Rt 3 & 16 interchange in Cambridge. AT&T's much improved over the last 4 years, and personally, all I hear are complaints from friends about Verizon in this area.

3. PeterVan macrumors newbie

AT&T in Northboro

Cyn, I don't have an iPhone, but I use AT&T in Westborough. My one hesitation with the iPhone is the terrible reception I get, especially when I travel in Northborough! If you live on the east side, especially near Bartlett, you can expect many lost calls. This has been my AT&T experience along with that of my friends and family.

4. Cyn thread starter macrumors newbie

AT&T in Northborough

Thanks so much for the AT&T info. That really helps me with my decision to stay with Verizon for now.

Cyn