Anyone install windows vista 64 bit on their new mac pros?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jjahshik32, Mar 17, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Everytime I install windows vista 64-bit via bootcamp and after its done installing and when windows try to boot it shows errors... anyone know how to install vista 64 bit onto the mac pro??

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Are you running 10.5.2? It installed flawlessly for me.

3. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Yea I have 10.5.2, it installs fine but when the mac pro reboots it stays in dos and has all these weird errors and loading and errors and stuff like that showing instead of windows loading for the first time.

4. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

That's very strange. Did you try installing it again? What is your configuration? Is it all on one HD, or separate drives? I guess it would have to be NTFS?

5. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

its hdd bay 2 partitioned... does it have to be a whole hdd (non partitioned)??

6. urchinboy macrumors member

I've installed it absolutely fine.

Installed on a drive in bay 4 that is partitioned into a 50gb NTFS partition and the rest (600gb or so) is OSX used for media storage.

Boot camp took care of everything and it's all worked flawlessly so far.

Could you erase and start again or is it going onto your OSX boot disk?

7. macz1 macrumors 6502

macz1

Installed Vista64 too, no problems and works also fine with VMware. But Memory-hungry

8. Fornothingelse macrumors newbie

I installed windows vista on a second drive using bootcamp. My install stalled the first time, so I had to erase the drive and try it again. The second time went perfectly (well except this resolution thing where only half the screen was showing, but once it was completely installed, I was able to fix it through windows settings). I would try reinstalling if you can.

9. yomibro macrumors regular

Worked fine for me on a separate drive the first time I installed Vista 64-bit, VMWARE install was also no problem but like an earlier thread mention it is memory hungry though.

10. prismra macrumors newbie

He's using a cracked version of Vista. The "dos" stuff he is talking about is the hacked boot loader that fools Vista into thinking it's installed on an OEM PC.

Buy Vista or find a better/different torrent, duder.