Anyone Install Yosemite On Late 2013 27"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Velin, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Seeing if anyone has done a clean 10.10 install on a late 2013 27" iMac. If so, any annoying bugs? Major problems?

Reason for asking is, I want to avoid any iOS 8 type problems. I don't want to spend a week troubleshooting app, network, permissions, and peripheral bugs. So perhaps a related question is, are you waiting for 10.10.1 before installing?

2. Roller macrumors 68020

I installed on a late 2012 last night and I haven't had any problems so far. I'm sure there are bugs - there always are - but I had been running betas on my MBA for a while, so I was less hesitant than usual.

3. iubhounds macrumors regular

iubhounds

I installed it on my late 2010 iMac last night and have no problems. Sure, I have had to play around and learn some new things or find some things but as far as the operation goes...no problems.

I am running 2 monitors and can run different apps on each with the only issue at start up ... it moves my background photo to my iMac from my other Apple monitor that I use as my main monitor. Then loads a photo on that main monitor that I used 5 or 6 months ago....strange.

But no issues ... I like the changes.

4. Vapor matt macrumors regular

I did install it but went back to mavericks, just hate the look of yosemite. looks more like os tiger.

I had a thought on this new look os, perhaps all this 3D in mavericks on the new 5k iMac makes it run laggy at that high res. so apple in there wisdom made yose a 2d interface to keep the os from lagging on 5k screens.

just a thought, aim not saying yosemite is a bad OS to use, it just looks so crap compared to the nice folders and 3d effects in mavericks. maybe when video cards can really move on 5k machines you might see apple revert back in the future to 3d in osx.

but for now, i like mavericks and how it looks, its also a very good OS

5. misho73 macrumors member

what 3D interface you are talking about? you mean the dock bar? This is not a real 3D interface. just images of 3d objects. images are images no matter how they look whether flat or 3d like.