Apple TV Anyone jailbreak recently? Need help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ghendric89, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Ghendric89 macrumors newbie

Has anyone been able to jailbreak their ATV recently? I just got mine yesterday, and spent all evening trying to successfully jailbreak, with no luck. The closest I got was the "This Apple TV isn't eligible for this upgrade." Is there anyway around this?

I haven't upgraded, and I'm at 4.2.1 right now...any ideas?

Thanks!

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Hmm, maybe try using PwnageTool to create a custom bundle. That way you can upgrade and and jailbreak at the same time.

3. Ghendric89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks,

I thought the same thing, so I tried using PwnageTool with the 4.2.1 and the 4.3 restore, but no dice. I don't know if there is some secret to get it to take the restore, but mine just refuses to cooperate. Is PwnageTool the best(only) utility for this?

4. Ghendric89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Could it possibly help if I went to an earlier version of itunes to try and restore a custom Pwnage file?

5. djdirect macrumors newbie

djdirect

Have you tried Seas0nPass? I would download the 4.2.2 firmware, option click restore in iTunes with that, then use Seas0nPass. Once it's jailbroken, you have to use ATVFlash Black. I'm sure you can find it online somewhere. You can then install various apps without having to ssh into your atv2.

6. Ghendric89 thread starter macrumors newbie

I had tried SeasOnPass...and it seemed like it was working, up till the point when it started to unzip itself. It eternally unzipped. I left it unzipping all night, and in the morning, it was still unzipping. Could that have to do with the fact that my iTunes wasn't 10.3, but a 10.2?

Anyway, I am doing what you suggested and putting 4.2.2 on the ATV and will try Pwnage and SeasOnPass again.

Thanks for the help

7. djdirect macrumors newbie

djdirect

Oh and by the way, you should plug your micro USB cable to a port on your mac/pc. Not on your keyboard. It took me a bunch of times trying to jailbreak before i realized that was the problem.