Anyone just got a 20" Cinema Display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by icecone, Jun 16, 2008.

1. icecone macrumors regular

I'm planning to get one. But now the 20" S-IPS panel is extinct, so is apple ACD still using it? Or is it just using a cheap TN panel as in the 20" iMac?
    The Eizo S2031W is also priced similarly, with a PVA panel. Which one is better? (Mainly photo-editing, some gaming and movies)
    Thanks in advanced

2. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

I believe the ACD is STILL an S-IPS.

Verify at this website as long as data is accurate: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/panelsearch.htm

Apple probably bought a very long term supply of these panels so I would assume you are getting an S-IPS. I doubt Apple would switch this without letting consumers know in some small way.

Have you researched the panel on Apple.com or in other sites? Is there something you know about this panel that I don't?

Please do tell and thanks,

Dante

3. icecone thread starter macrumors regular

I'm just not too sure.
    2 years ago, many 20" widescreen LCDs uses the S-IPS panel(Dell 2007WFP, Philips 200WP7ES... etc) , and cost half the price of the apple ACD. But now ALL of them are gone, even the 20" iMac and Dell 2009WFP are now TN. Seems that LG Philips has stop producing the 20" S-IPS panels. So I just doubt if :apple: can still find some of the extinct panel and put them on their ACD.

4. MacPM8 macrumors regular

Just got the 20" ACD and it truly is more than what I expected, great monitor worth every penny.

5. icecone thread starter macrumors regular

How's the viewing angle like?
    Is there any difference when viewed from 80 degrees above or sideways?
    thanks

6. dollystereo macrumors 6502a

dollystereo

7. MacPM8 macrumors regular

Not a big difference when viewing it sideways. Its great from all angles pretty much.