Anyone know...? (About SDK & Apps Store)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ivan P, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Ok, so I, like most Touch owners, am looking forward to the release of the third party apps and will pay for the software upgrade even if it is a bit of an annoyance. Anyway, I don't really have any access to Wi Fi (yeah, a bit of a mistake considering most of the apps need the internet...), but surely there will be apps made that will not require a Wi Fi connection, so does anyone know if you'd be able to get them off iTunes rather than the App Store on the Touch itself?

2. buffalo macrumors 65816

Yes, the iTunes store will have an app section. You can either install right on the iPod's app store (guess that's not an option for you) or you can go through iTunes.

3. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

You're in luck because there's gonna be a bunch of really cool games for the touch that won't need Wi-Fi! :D
    And yeah, as the guy above me said, there will be an App section of iTunes where you can buy applications and Sync them to your touch.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

If you watch the SDK introduction event video, they demo the AppStore on the normal iTunes store for a standard computer. So you can get apps either way and sync them between the iPhone and iTunes.