Anyone know anything about Docomo unlimited data plans?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patent10021, Aug 12, 2010.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

Anyone know anything about Docomo unlimited data plans?

What types of plans do they have for smart phones i.e. Android / iPhone 4.

I'm considering getting an unlocked iPhone 4 for Docomo since they have great reception but only if they have plans that are as cheap as Softbank.

2. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

Here are a couple of English-language sites with information that might help you out:

http://www.mobileinjapan.com

http://softbanksucks.blogspot.com/

Don't let the name of the latter site put you off — it really does have some great information.

3. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

Thanks

I wish I could find out what Softbank's speed is. I can't find it in their pamphlet.

4. Espionage32 macrumors regular

your going to have to get the 128k data plan since its the only one that doesnt have ime filter for specific phone.

It's not fast but if you have there wifi plan as well... it gets the job done.

5. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

I don't know. Relying on WiFi to make up for lack of speed/service seems like a bum deal to me. I want everything to be proper.

Does the IME issue even matter? From what I've read it seems like Docomo and B-Mobile don't care if you're not using the correct IME. That's why they're allowing any unlocked phones.

Do I have it mixed up? Do you happen to know what Softbank's data speeds are? I'm willing to sacrifice Docomo's good network for high speeds and good unlimited data plans with Softbank if it's twice as fast or I'll save twice as much etc.

I'm with AU now paying 8,000/month for a 3.5 year old phone so anything will be better than what I have now. Might as well be paying 8,000/month for a smart phone.

6. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

This page clearly says that their TalkingSIM plan has "unlimited data for 3,960円" which sounds good to me.
    http://www.bmobile.ne.jp/sim_t/index.html

and....... NO FN' CONTRACT!

How's them Apples?! :D

Now the only thing left for me to do is find out how Docomo's speeds compare with Softbank's.

If they're close I'll buy a factory unlocked phone on Apple Canada and use it on B-Mobile/Docomo.

7. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

It doesn't say exactly when B-Mobile will be selling this SIM. I'm assuming it's now but not sure when the SIM would arrive. Guess it doesn't matter since it takes 3 weeks to get an iP4 on Apple Canada.