Anyone know anything about Paypal subscription payments?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by yg17, Jan 3, 2008.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'm asking this here because PayPal's customer service is....who am I kidding, they don't have any customer service. So hopefully someone here can help.

Me and 2 other people split the cost each month of a dedicated server for a website that is paid each month from my PayPal account with a subscription payment so it's all automatic. And in the past, this worked out great. A few days before the payment was made (1st of each month), both of them would send me their portion of the payment, and when the payment was made, PayPal would use what was in my PayPal account, and then take the difference, the remaining third of the monthly payment, from my bank account. Worked great. Last month, due to some poor timing with other expenses, I changed the alternate funding source on the subscription from my bank account to a credit card, so I could pay my portion when my paycheck arrived in a couple weeks. So for December's payment, the PayPal balance was used first, with the difference charged to my credit card. Since that was temporary, after that payment was made, I changed the alternate source back to my bank account.

Then in the last week of December, just like the last week of every month, the other 2 guys sent me their portion. And on January 1st, the payment was made. Except, this time, PayPal decided to not use what was in my PayPal account and took the entire thing out of my bank account. Luckily, I had enough money in my bank account to cover the entire thing, otherwise, I would've been pissed. So I want to get it back to the way it was before this month.

For the backup funding source, I have 3 options: eCheck, Direct Debit, and Credit Card. Obviously, I don't want Credit Card. eCheck and Direct Debit appear to be identical, as they both offer a drop down menu that has my bank accounts on it. Right now, it's set as eCheck. I have no idea what it was before I made the change to credit card. I'm guessing Direct Debit is what I want? I just want to make sure so in February, I don't have any other surprises when I login to my online banking and see a larger than normal PayPal withdrawal. Thanks

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

eCheck is that just , it's a check. You write it, it clears it sends the money.

3. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

OK, so I'm guessing Direct Debit is what I'd want then?

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Probably.

5. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17