Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
California
I searched this issue on the forums but had no luck finding a thread, let alone a solution to this problem. On the Google products web page for their reverse image search product, it says it can work with Safari 5+

Is there a way I can right click an image in my Safari browser and reverse search that image in Google images?

Thanks.

s0nicpr0s

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Illinois
When you're looking at the Google Images search bar you click the little camera and that has an option to 'Search by Image.' It has two options, you can give it a URL to the image, or you can upload a saved copy of it. That should do the reverse image search. I used to use extensions like tineye for reverse image search, but I never remembered that I had it installed and just got rid of it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-25 at 3.16.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-25 at 3.16.09 PM.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 160

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
California
When you're looking at the Google Images search bar you click the little camera and that has an option to 'Search by Image.' It has two options, you can give it a URL to the image, or you can upload a saved copy of it. That should do the reverse image search. I used to use extensions like tineye for reverse image search, but I never remembered that I had it installed and just got rid of it.
I guess what I'm asking is -- you know how in Google Chrome, you have the option to right click any random picture on the internet and search Google for the image -- allowing you to find more pictures of that image (maybe to find it's source, find out the name of the person in the picture, find bigger and clearer sizes of the picture, etc.)? Can I do that in Safari?

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
California
For anyone who might want to know in the future, I used this extension for Safari:

http://sidetree.com/extensions.html

I then went to the Back Track extension portion, and downloaded it. Simple and easy. This thing works like a charm. Now I can transition from Google Chrome to Safari and not have to stress about power consumption, battery drainage, and hardware overheating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.