Anyone know how to color your MBP Case?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sadida, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Sadida macrumors newbie

As the title asks, does anyone know how to color a MBP case? I guess what I should really be asking is, does anyone know a more, we'll say "economical", way to do what this company is doing?

http://www.colorware.com/c-3-computers.aspx

I apologize if this is in the wrong section as I am new to this site. If it does happen to be in the wrong section, moderators please feel free to move it to the correct section!

Thank you in advance for any help!

Trolls not welcome!

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I have not looked but vynil skins would be a cheaper way to do that

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

That looks like either powdercoating or anodizing. Both methods require you to completely dismantle your computer so that you can apply the finish correctly without screwing up the electronics.

4. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

The plastic or vinyl covers from Belkin, Speck and others come in colors and fit the MacBook Pro like a glove. I would love to get one but the only colors that seem to be available in my local Apple Store are either pink or purple. I have seen them in many other colors on others machines in places like Starbucks, the break room at work.

5. Sadida thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured it was powder coating because they have a "Soft Touch" option and I haven't seen anything other than gloss annodizing. In any event, if this company is doing powder coating and/or annodizing, they are dramatically over pricing their services.