Anyone know how to download this video?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Apple!Fre@k, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Apple!Fre@k macrumors 6502a

2. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

Try some downloader like jdownloader or something.

3. steveoc, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010

steveoc macrumors regular

The files appear to thwart the usual strategy of using the activity window. I tried a few video download utilities and they failed too.

In such circumstances I use a screen grab utility that does video recordings. QuickTime X would do it if you don't have something like ScreenFlow, Camtasia, or Snapz Pro.

4. Apple!Fre@k thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I have QuickTime X and Jing, but they both don't record internal audio from Safari at the same time as they are recording video (they will only record sound from the mic as far as I can tell) and the video that both record is a little choppy.

Any other ideas for how to extract that video? If not, any way to crop what QuickTime X records so it's just the video and not my full screen?

5. Apple!Fre@k thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. rien333 macrumors regular

There is a firefox plugin/extension called FlashGot. It can download almost every flash video. I don't really like both the plugin and firefox (they both feel slow and bloated) but they work. Here's a link to the plugin: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220/

7. steveoc macrumors regular

I'm not very familiar with QuickTime for screen recordings as I use dedicated software for such. I think soundflower would allow you to capture the sound within QuickTime. You may be able to crop the video in iMovie.

I believe that the screen recording software I mention earlier would watermark any recordings using their trial software.

8. Apple!Fre@k thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tried FlashGot. Tried DownloadThemAll. Neither worked!

Any other ideas??

9. Apple!Fre@k thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK. It was a PITA, but I captured the video.

Soundflower did just what it was supposed to so I was able to capture the clip. Then, I noticed Quicktime recorded it EXTREMELY choppy for some reason -- at least it appeared that way every time I went to play it back. I dropped it into iMovie, cropped it as small as it could be cropped, and used the stablization feature to fix the choppiness. All set now. It was just a whole lot harder than clicking "download."

Thanks though!!

10. steveoc macrumors regular

A good screen recording application is an incredibly useful tool. Not as easy as clicking download though. Nonetheless there is so much you can do with it beyond capturing stubborn videos.

Video is seldom as simple as it should be.

11. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc