Anyone know if Costco will get the 2G Ipod Touch 32GB?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Paul R, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Paul R macrumors newbie

Paul R

They currently have the 2G 16gb Touch. Anyone hear or know if they will get the 32gb?

Thanks!

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

3. seamustry macrumors member

yeah their website only has 8 and 16gig right now...doesn't say that's its new generation though...

4. jrok18 macrumors regular

I love costco!!!! They have the best customer service. I bought a 360 2 years ago and it broke 2 times so they just let me exchange it anytime . So i also wanted to know if they will have the ipod touch 2g so i could exchange it at anytime .

5. Paul R thread starter macrumors newbie

Paul R

That's a good sign. I didn't know they had the 1G 32gb before the new release.

6. Paul R thread starter macrumors newbie

Paul R

This is why I want to buy the 32gb from them. I just returned my Ipod Nano 8gb for a refund and wanted to switch to the Touch 32gb. I had no trouble at all returning my Nano. Got cash back. :cool: Only problem is they did not have the 32gb Touch. Just the 16gb Touch.

7. jrok18 macrumors regular

Yea i bought my touch from best buy and i cracked my screen and they wouldn't fix it or give me a new one even tho i had a 3 year warranty. I swear when i purchased the touch they asked me if i wanted to purchase a 3 year warranty if i accidentally brake it or if something is wrong with it so i did but nooooo they wouldn't give me a new one . I was so pissed that i am never buying something from there again . Costco is the bomb and is the way to go.
    Matter fact im calling costco right now to see if they have the touch 2g now.

8. dtekdahl00 macrumors newbie

Aren't you the same guy from the other thread who got angry and threw his iPod on the ground? I'm sorry but Bestbuy doesn't cover any dipshit related damages

9. .Chris macrumors 6502a

.Chris

and costco, (at least one down here) has the ipods for around $10-20 bucks cheeper then other stores.

So I can get a 32GB touch for $389 and the 4 $15 itunes pack for $57.99 great deal...

If you call, they wont tell you the price though, due to the fact costco is a membership only store and they dont want the trouble,,,

costo is great, in fact i'm tring to get on there as they have great benfents. best place to work if you want to go retel.

10. Jak3 macrumors regular

right now costco.ca is displaying the following options

don't know if V2 is the same as 2G...:confused:

hope this helps

11. Paul R thread starter macrumors newbie

Paul R

Thanks for the information.

I spoke with a few reps and got mixed messages. One rep expects them to be in next week and another looked on the order sheet and did not see them. :confused: I just hope it's at least next week instead of few weeks to a month.

I'm tempted to buy the 16gb and then return it when the 32gb Touch arrives.

12. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

If you can wait, wait. The prices at Costco are consistently about $10 to $25 less, and you have a better chance of getting one if you wait till about the first week of October. I am going to Coscto probably tomorrow, so I will report back if I find any 2Gs. Keep in mind that I am in the Chicago area, so your mileage may vary. I, personally, need a new 32gb because my current 1g 16gb is completely full (24.7mb available, and I don't have anything left to give up). I am really liking the $399 price, and at Costco, it will end up around $375-$385. (All prices are in USD)

13. Paul R thread starter macrumors newbie

Paul R

Great Thanks! I know around here they have the 16gb 2G. Hopefully they have the 32gb there.

14. jrok18 macrumors regular

I still love Costco but today they pissed me off. I drove 30 mins just to see if they had the new touch 2g( i know im dumb i didn't just call) Anyways i forgot my dads membership card so the rude women wouldn't let me in. I know she is just doing her job but cant she just let me check to see if they had them in stock real quick. Also i was like "o dang it i forgot my dads card" so she was like "u cant use your dads card unless hes with u". I was like "ok can i just check to see if u have ipod touches and come back with my dad later to pick it up". She was like "sorry no cant do that" so i was so pissed off .

15. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

Just got back from Cosco. The one I went to did not have any iPod Touch's (?), but did have the 8gb Nano in Black and the 120gb Classic in Silver and Black. I was very disappointed not to find any at all, because my current 16gb is having trouble now that it is full. Guess I will have to have a deleting spree until Christmas.

16. Paul R thread starter macrumors newbie

Paul R

That's weird. The Costco here in WA, Seattle has the 2G 16gb Touch and the new Nanos. Must be a shipping delay? I spoke with them today and they are expecting the 32gb, but no idea when they will get them.

17. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    Anyone know if most of the Costco stores (at least in the US) have the 2g 16gb and/or 32gb iPod Touch in stock now? I'd like to get my iPod Touch from costco to save some money.

Hmm.. how long ago did you buy your iPod Nano? I know they usually take stuff back, but I'm pretty sure they don't have the same lenient return policy for iPods. If they do, a year ago, my wife bought me a 4gb ipod Nano which I was planning on replacing it with an iPod Touch. I still have orig box, receipt, everything. If I could get my money back for it, I'd def go w/ the 32gb. But like I said, it's been about a year.

18. Cubby macrumors newbie

I've seen the 8Gb and 16Gb Touch in a Colorado Costco but not the 32 yet. Anyone else know if they'll be carrying the 32????

19. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    Last week in both the Beltsville, MD Costco and the Columbia, MD Costco, my wife wasn't able to find a 16gb iPod Touch. I don't think I want to spend $399 for a 32gb one. I hope they get some in soon.

20. Fundillo macrumors newbie

21. Tech Star macrumors member

I bought mine from Costco and it was a 2G 32GB.

22. Cubby macrumors newbie

Where did they have them priced?

23. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

Don't they have daypasses. At sams you can get a daypass to look around, and if you buy something you pay more. But you weren't buying anyways

24. Bob Chadwick macrumors member

25. warensn macrumors member

Costco has them

My Costco in Houston has the 32G iPod Touch for 349.99.