Anyone know if Sheffield store has 3GS today?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacBoobsPro, Jun 30, 2009.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Does any one know if the Sheffield store has any 3GS' in today?

Doesnt matter which colour but it has to be 16GB.

The stock thingy at apple.com tells you to come back at 9pm which is kind of pointless and I can't get through via phone.

I know its a long shot asking here but I'll be picking one up later if they do. :) I don't fancy driving across the city at rush hour to find out they have none.

2. shortcrust macrumors 6502

I don't know, but you might give the o2 store and carphone warehouse a bell, then if the apple store is out you've got a backup?

3. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Good thinking Batman!

nananananana POW! ZOFF! BOP!

EDIT: Just spoke to Meadowhall O2 and they have none at present but are 'expecting' some on Friday. No guarantees though. Still can't get through at Apple. And Carphone Warehouse is pants!

4. shortcrust macrumors 6502

Waiting will only increase your pleasure!! Beware the o2 store though... they unpacked and activated my pay and go phone, depriving me of the unpacking fun, AND the guy got a couple of (very) tiny scratches on it trying to connect the cable thing with his clumsy sticky fingers!

On the plus side I got a free muffin and bottle of o2 water cos it was launch day.... Hmmm.

5. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

You'd think Apple would cut down on the packaging if they have to be opened and activated in store. :rolleyes: When I got my first one I got to do it all at home :) but my bro got his 3G and they did it in store.

6. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Still can't get through at Apple Store :(

EDIT: Finally got through and reserved a white 16GB. Swish!

7. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

8. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Yeh all we get is check back after 9pm. Whats the point in that? I cant get to the store until 6pm so if I check at 9pm the night before when it comes to 6pm they are most likely all gone. :rolleyes:

9. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

Yeah that checker tool is totally pointless. On Saturday it had a message to check back after 9 but that all stores should have stock. I went to the Bullring and they had no 16GB whites and weren't expecting any until today.

10. Phil Lee macrumors 6502

In the UK you can go to http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/iphone/availability.html but like the OP says, it only shows stock after 9pm. There is a simple work round for that though, change the clock on your computer to after 9pm and refresh the page. Stock levels then show up.

11. Smog macrumors regular

As far as I know, they have plenty in. I walked out of the store with my 16gb Black about 2 hours ago now. Good luck mate.

12. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Just syncing my 16GB white 3GS now. :)