Anyone know if Synergy KM works for Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by pjhamill, Jun 18, 2011.

1. pjhamill macrumors regular

I use synergy on a daily basis and was wondering, is it compatible with Lion?

2. abw2002 macrumors newbie

I'm very interested in this too. Any reports?

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I'm typing this reply on my iBook G4 running SynergyKM 1.3.1 and Mac OS 10.5 to my iMac running 10.7.

So yes, SynergyKM works.

4. Ishwalla macrumors newbie

5. cysayles macrumors newbie

Hangs between Win 7 and Lion

It worked just fine with Snow Leopard and Win7, then when I updated to Lion the MacBook it seemed OK but wouldn't wake up without hanging (the Win 7 computer showed no issues).

I also disconnected Synergy to make sure that's what was causing the issue(s) and the MacBook worked like it should.

6. Mmarzex macrumors member

Try reinstalling that solved the lag issue for me. Now I use it fine between my macbook as the server and my netbook hackintosh, and my windows desktop just fine.

7. Clifto macrumors newbie

Anyone else have any luck with synergy km working with lion? The pref pane gives me all kinds of trouble.

8. ro-76 macrumors member

Did you have any success? I get the same problems with the pref pane not responding etc.

9. Gemütlichkeit macrumors 65816

Gemütlichkeit

I use it when I'm at my desk. Works just like it did in SL

10. Clifto macrumors newbie

I have not had any success. I am trying this on a 2011 MacBook Air with Lion pre-installed. I wonder if this is not an issue with people who upgraded from SL? Also I believe the MBA's have a slightly different build than GM Lion? Food for thought.

I really would like to have SynergyKM working. Life saver!

11. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

Didn't really work all that well here. I could set everything up, but the connections weren't working.

I then removed SynergyKM, downloaded the server files from http://synergy-foss.org, created a config file by hand (there are example files and it's all in the readme), and that worked fine.

12. rizonable macrumors newbie

must reboot

had the same problem. I rebooted after installing and it just worked. I'm using a very basic config with the hostname as defined in system pref panel > sharing, default location with enable bonjour set. All other settings are default.

Hope that helps.

13. twalker294 macrumors newbie

buggy for me...

I'm using it with Lion (13" C2D Macbook Pro upgraded to Lion from SL,) and it works but the "Turn Synergy On/Off" in the GUI doesn't do anything. In order to stop and start it, I have to kill the process with Activity Monitor then go back to the Synergy pref pane and start it there. Minor annoyance but it worked fine with Snow Leopard.

14. Clifto macrumors newbie

I have a feeling that all of you that have been able to tweak this and make synergyKM work on Lion upgraded from SL. Anyone get this to work on a new Mac with Lion pre-installed? Still no luck here on 2011 MBA. I tried using activity monitor to stop the synergyd and synergyc processes with no luck.

15. Clifto macrumors newbie

Ok, got it to work finally. Instead of using the screen name for the windows 7 machine I used the IP address. Location was set to default, bonjour was NOT enabled and a basic left to right right to left config. My status is showing not running...but it is working great. Also The Turn Synergy On button is well saying Turn On...so the gui is all kinda messed up but it will work on Lion pre-installed if you jack around with it enough. YAY!