Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdmfer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
Im not really happy with the sound of the preset eq's in the iphone. I have JB'd my phone and wondering if there are any apps to add better eq functionality for tunes..

Thanks in advance!

mgpg89

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Belgium
Im not really happy with the sound of the preset eq's in the iphone. I have JB'd my phone and wondering if there are any apps to add better eq functionality for tunes..

Thanks in advance!

Make sure 'sound checks' is off! This usually makes your songs sound like utter crap.

sdmfer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
yep confirmed sound check is off. Maybe I was just too used to my sony ericsson w810i....it had much better headphones and man, tunes on that thing sounded MINT!

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
UK
I have never messed round with the EQ on my 3G, i find it drains the battery too much for the quality you get, becuase it obviously it has to alter every song you play slightly which must use some processing power.

sdmfer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
hmm, the best sound I can get on it without changing to better earphones is setting it to "bass booster". Which to me is still blah, but better than stock.

I listen primarily to rock, metal, acoustic stuff etc, not really into any rapcrap, but have some old school stuff ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.