Anyone know if theres an app.....

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by gbredneck, Aug 2, 2012.

1. gbredneck macrumors member

I used to have an app on my blackberry that would copy my call log from my phone into outlook's calendar. Anyone seen anything that does something similar?

Not fussed about whether it imports into outlook could be ical etc.

Thanks for looking.

Rob

2. vettori macrumors 6502a

^^^
    Developers can't access the call log of the device :(

3. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

That is not entirely true.

This article is quite interesting, and it seems to be fairly easy with a bit of coding to come up with a remote-side solution (or apparently, the DB is stored plainly on the iTunes backup).
    And I'm sure there is an easy way, like a protocol or something easily available to call iCal and add an event.

I might try to do something like this someday.

4. gbredneck thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys. At the moment i am using diskaid to manually take the call logs off the iphone, then inputting them by hand into Outlook which is a pain in the %rse!

Hopefully someone will be able to come up with a better solution.

5. vettori macrumors 6502a

These apps (and any other of the same kind) require that you start the call using the app, so they won't track phone calls started using the phone app or other apps. Also received calls won't be logged.

This is hacking :)

6. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Touche.
    Yes, you're right, it's anyway too late and I'm about to go to sleep so... :p

Yes, apparently, the only way to do it, unless there was a Cydia app for that, but I think the simpleness of a Mac-based script would be just great, it could even work with bash so not to use any extra libraries.
    I think I'm definitely gonna try and do it, as it's something I wanted to do since a long time ago but gave up even before iOS and Android as Symbian etc, all sucked a keeping call history and doing stuff with it.