Anyone know if this is a rip off?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Naboh, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Naboh macrumors newbie

2. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

Well, they have an almost empty site with a bunch of unfilled headers for things like bath, garden, kitchen, publications, utility, etc. But the one and only item they do have for sale, is Apple Series 2 watches on sale for 60% off retail. I think you already know the answer to your question :)

For what it is worth, there IS a company in Brisbane by the name of Global Tech Group, but they have nothing to do with this company. Guessing they used a similar name to try to add legitimacy.

But if you DO decide to take a chance, do follow up and let us know how it went :)

3. Naboh thread starter macrumors newbie

No, thanks for pointing those red flags out. I'll wait for someone else to risk $160. I posted the question on Apple's board and they censored it.

4. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

Yeah, no 2012 Charlotte St, Brisbane City, QLD 4000, Australia from what I can tell for their office, nor a 923 Ann St, Brisbane City, QLD 4000, Australia for their warehouse from what I can tell either. Got those from Contact Us.

Cult Furniture at 925 Ann St. seems to be the closest address. Guard Insurance Brokers next door is 915. Nowhere for a warehouse in between :)

[​IMG]

5. JackieInCo macrumors 601

And notice on each watch, the text says Apple Computer Inc. It hasn't been Apple Computer for several years.

6. Relentless Power, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

This quote listed below is copied directly from their "Return Policy" Page, which looks like it was written by an 8th grader. This "Company" is all wrong. You should read the rest of their return Policy, it's comical. If you are ever unsure about a purchase, you can always call the company and question them about the product, return policy, and determine if they seem legitimate or not.

"Any counterfeit and refurbished products (or shoddy and used items) have been detected, Global Tech will definitely issue a double refund as a promise, such as you get APPLE WATCH SPORT 42MM WITH BLACK SPORT BAND - ,BRAND NEW, SEALED with its cost $159.99 for yourself and realize it is faulty, not as described or unfit your expectation, please report to our customer service and we will refund at $159.99*2= $319.98."

7. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

Even mentioning the word "counterfeit" in a policy would ring alarm bells for me! lol

8. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

Double refund hahaha. They may as well have offered to refund a cool million for all that refund policy is worth :)

9. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

Sod it, going to give these guys the benefit of the doubt! What could possibly go wrong?

10. honglong1976 macrumors 6502a

honglong1976

Fake!

Website has nothing under bath or kitchen, even empty under shop all. Looks like someone has created a website with a generic theme and added some watches.

Must be real though, there is a photo of an Apple Watch and it's on the internet.

Huge resized image of the internet. haha
    Scroll down, usual photo of a call centre woman (worked in quite a few, never seen anyone like her, was all sweaty blokes! yuk!)

I would not touch this website EVER!

"Scam! scam! scam! scam! scam! scam! scam! scam! Lovely scam!"
    --- Post Merged, Apr 13, 2017 ---
    Any counterfeit and refurbished products (or shoddy and used items) have been detected, Global Tech will definitely issue a double refund as a promise, such as you get APPLE WATCH SPORT 42MM WITH BLACK SPORT BAND - ,BRAND NEW, SEALED with its cost $159.99 for yourself and realize it is faulty, not as described or unfit your expectation, please report to our customer service and we will refund at $159.99*2= $319.98.

I used Google Translate

Global Tech will not issue a refund. Our customer service will ignore any emails or phones calls you make. We will not refund. Say bye to your cash! Global Tech say ha ha ha.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 13, 2017 ---
    Seriously?
    http://global-tech1.mybigcommerce.com/giftcertificates.php

hahahaha

11. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I guess the real question is, would you get $160 worth of entertainment value out of trying? Because I am sure entertainment is the most you might get :)

12. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Looking at your photo, and at the business on the second floor, I think you didn't mean to type "warehouse". ;)

13. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

It would entertain you guys though! lol

14. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

It would, maybe someone should crowd fund an attempted purchase hahaha

15. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

I will donate one English pound, which is obviously not worth as much since bloody Brexit...