Anyone know if you can undo an upgrade to the new mobile me?1

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by cfg93, Mar 12, 2011.

1. cfg93 macrumors newbie

I am NOT happy to discover all the things I can no longer do now that I have upgraded to the new Mobile Me. (E.g., I can't edit events on my iPad, can't assign an event created on my iPad to a calendar). Is there any way to go back to the way it was? I have looked at the Apple help site but couldn't find an answer.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I find the new calendar much better. My iPad is at home so can't test now but your Eg does not seem right.

4. cfg93 thread starter macrumors newbie

It would be great if there is some way to fix it, but what happens when I select an event on my iPad now (since upgrading) is that I get a button for "details" but no button for edit or delete. When I create an event there are all of the usual controls for date, time, etc., but no option for selecting a calendar. Is that not what happens for other people? Maybe it is a bug and I need to take it in to the store. . .

But if it keeps up like this I want to go back to the old way it was.

5. cfg93 thread starter macrumors newbie

@miles01110: Thanks for that info. I don't want to cancel Mobile Me, though, I just want my old calendar back. I'm hoping that's possible, but maybe it isn't.

6. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Are you on the latest release of IOS on your iPad. When you first got the new Calendar some time ago you could not define it as part of your MobileMe Account Setup on your iPad. The IOS Release 4 came out and you needed to delete the ICAL Setup and make it part of your normal Mail Account Setup. Is that how you have it setup?

If I click on an event I can click on EDIT and I think I can change anything I want including the Calendar.