Anyone know Liux Cameras in London?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Analog Kid, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Analog Kid macrumors 68040

Analog Kid

Any Brits out there willing to vouch for Liux Cameras in London? I'm not a big fan of ordering equipment overseas, but am considering making an exception. I can't seem to find any opinions of these guys though...

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I lived in London for over 10 years and I've never heard of them. Doesn't mean they're not legit but...

3. Analog Kid thread starter macrumors 68040

Analog Kid

Scam

Thanks. Did a bit more digging around, and it looks like a pretty clear scam.

I found them because they were the only seller with a certain lens in stock, but looking deeper all of their equipment is pretty ridiculously priced. Website was registered to what looks like a legit UK address, but under the name Alex Dimirof and only since 2/3/12.

Only available checkout option is international bank transfer...

Unfortunately they now have my email address, but fortunately nothing else.

4. Zh2 macrumors member

Hi,

I did a little digging on this. Both for you and for myself, as I am in the market for a new camera. The prices are stupid cheap. Dangerously cheap? It would seem so. I found one website from Germany that seems to suggest that these guys are rip off merchants.

I also used Google earth and telephoned some of the businesses that appear on street view of the address in question. No one seemed to know too much about them.

I will NOT be ordering my new camera from these people!!!

Regards.

5. jacksomd macrumors newbie

I've never heard of them and I work in the area near St Paul's. I thought I was intimately aware of pretty much every camera shop in Central London! :)

There certainly isn't a shop at that location and their prices are very low for UK prices.

Drawn you own conclusions from this.

6. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Just in case you were still in any doubt, they claim their name is Liux Cameras Limited, but there is no limited company registered in the UK with that name

7. Zh2 macrumors member

Blimey!

Bet you are well pleased to have posted here before sending money!!!!!

Regards again.

Z