Anyone know of a Program to extend the desktop area?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gastrogeek, Dec 8, 2008.

  1. gastrogeek macrumors newbie

    Jul 15, 2008
    Hi All,

    I wondered if anyone knew of a program that allowed you (the user) to pan around an enormous desktop - perhaps by moving the mouse towards the screen edges etc? If so, PLEASE DO share since i have been looking everywhere for such a program (Must work on Leopard!)

    Many thanks!

  2. Schtumple macrumors 601


    Jun 13, 2007

    Comes with leopard. Look in System Preferences :)
  3. synth3tik macrumors 68040


    Oct 11, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
  4. gastrogeek thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jul 15, 2008
    Thanks for the fast responses...

    Tried spaces - that only lets you see one screen at a time. I need a realtime scrolling function so that i can have an application that occupies more space than my current screen resolution permits - but can still be seen via user scrolling across a larger desktop area.

    I want to avoid buying anything like another monitor :) I am sure this is possible - just wondered if anyone knows of such a program!

Share This Page