Anyone Know What Film This Is?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Shaun.P, May 21, 2007.

1. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

Many years ago, I watched this film that I really liked. I can't remember what it's called, or the entire plot but I really would like to see it again.

I think it's about 4 women, explaining their lives one summer together when they were young. One of the women is pregnant and I think she goes into labour during the film at one point. I think the type of film is a comedy / drama. You see flashbacks of when they were younger. At one point in the movie, one of the girls jumps into a lake / river and afterwards floats to the top of the water, and everyone thinks she hurt herself when she jumped in and is now dead, but it turns out she was only playing a prank. Another scene is about one of them smoking for the first time. There is also a mysterious old man in a semetary who they are all scared of, but I think one of the girls realises he is not as scary as he seems.

If this sounds familiar to anyone, please let me know what film it is!!!

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

It does sound familiar. Can you recall any of the actresses? Was it an american film?

3. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

Is it Now and Then? It's the only movie that comes to mind with 4 female leads and flashbacks...

4. Shaun.P thread starter macrumors 68000

Shaun.P