Anyone know what this means ?

vernony

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2014
Essex UK
Every so often the console instals itself in the dock with a warning. The log gives this as the problem.

Does anyone know if this is serious, to me it looks like Rapport, which I have installed on my computer is bleeding information to the internet ?

Here is the message I get
11/03/2014 15:25:39 rapportd[134] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x9c71b0 of class NSCFString autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking

Thanks for your reply in anticipation

Tumbleweed666

macrumors 68000
Mar 20, 2009
Near London, UK.
Every so often the console instals itself in the dock with a warning. The log gives this as the problem.

Does anyone know if this is serious, to me it looks like Rapport, which I have installed on my computer is bleeding information to the internet ?
What is your basis for saying "is bleeding information to the internet"??

vernony

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2014
Essex UK
Console

No basis its the terminology which seems to indicate it is unable to shut it off, but of course it may mean nothing at all. But the console log does repeat this over and over again

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
11/03/2014 15:25:39 rapportd[134] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x9c71b0 of class NSCFString autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
That error has nothing to do with any information spreading anywhere.
It's an error indicating that the process rapportd is not handling correctly a string in terms of memory management. It's an "internal" coding error of that application.