Anyone know when 4.2 will be released?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by atrac7, Oct 27, 2010.

1. atrac7 macrumors regular

Does Apple usually have a pattern of a certain week or date they release their new OS-es? Any idea when 4.2 will be out in November?

Thanks in advance

2. SL4VE macrumors 6502

was announced previously 5th November, but i cant confirm the source,.. maybe its the 7th as apple like sundays to be fundays :cool:

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

just a fyi nobody knows when the 4.2 jailbreak will be released since that's usually the next question. probably soon after since they have SHAtter in the wait! :D

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

They probably will use the combination of Limera1n @comex and pownagetool first for JB...

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

hmmm so that's Limera1n as in George Hotz
    Comex was Jailbreakme.com and
    pownagetool = PwnageTool from the Dev-team a tool used to help make custom firmware to preserve basebands!

also fyi have to wait to see if Apple patches the limera1n hole which they probably will! in that case limera1n no longer works..

6. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I think you might have mis-understood the previous poster. The limera1n bootrom exploit cannot be patched. Comex has another userland he is holding on to. So I assume he mean't new versions of the same tools "Limera1n, greenpo1son and pwnage tool" but just replacing @comex userland with the new one.

7. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

I believe the OP is just curious since supposedly the unlock for the current basebands won't be released until after 4.2 is out.

8. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

you are really mistaken. limera1n uses two patches. one buy geohot and another by comex. the one by geo cant be fixed when the one by comex can. so like last year they can use pwnage tool to disable the fix for the comex patch in 4.2 similarly to a bb disable update. (tho you can downgrade this.) then you have a full 4.2 jb

9. atrac7 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes...you are correct....that is the main concern regarding the question.

Thanks for your constructive answer. I searched for 4.2 and came up dead, so I did not find any threads that suggested that "everyone asked this question"

I have noticed your posts periodically on this forum. You are rather bitter, and it's a mystery as to why.

10. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Stop feeding the trolls :p