Anyone know when iPad 2s will start shipping with iOS 5?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Iron Chef, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Iron Chef macrumors member

I'm planning on buying an iPad 2 for my parents wedding anniversary and wanted to know when they'll start shipping with iOS 5 already. My parents aren't very tech savvy and I really think they'll appreciate that iTunes-less first time set-up.

2. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

If you order from Apple I suspect they will ship with iOS 5 as soon as it's available.

3. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

After Wednesday they should ship with iOS 5. But check the site to be sure.

4. micawoli macrumors member

maaaaaaan. i just ordered an ipad 2 yesterday, but it says it wont be delivered until oct 14th or 15th. do you think it will be installed with ios 5?

5. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Yes probably that's why it is delayed until then.

6. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

iOS 5 is what's being shipped now from China. If your unit is from inventory somewhere it will not, however they started using the GM on Monday according to my sources.

7. micawoli macrumors member

awesome! i was wondering why it would take so long to be delivered. cant wait to get my hands on it!

8. timex macrumors newbie

Any update on this?

I'm waiting to buy the iPad for my parents until it ships with iOS5. The Apple website suggests that the currently shipping models are still with the old software.

Anyone any idea when they will begin shipping with iOS5?

9. NDDL05 macrumors member

Last night Apple chat support told me that iPads ordered from the website are shipping with iOS 5. I ordered one and FedEx estimates it will show up tomorrow, so I can let you know for sure then.

10. timex macrumors newbie

11. Dana Beck macrumors member

Dana Beck

Customer support says now shipping with IOS 5

I, too, talked with Apple support late yesterday afternoon. I had hoped to get one without IOS 5, but the tech said they all had ver 5 now. Just to confirm.

12. daftpunkstu macrumors member

all are being shipped with ios5 now [​IMG] they were being shipped from october 14th that way

13. NDDL05 macrumors member

My iPad just arrived, and it was NOT pre-installed with iOS5. Guess Apple support was wrong. I was hoping to bypass the whole installation process. Oh well, at least it wasn't a gift.

14. TreRep macrumors regular

TreRep

15. Mindy60 macrumors regular

You already asked this in another thread.

16. pingfan59 macrumors member

They will probably start shipping with iOS5 when they run out of previously held inventory as I would not see them breaking open current inventory and hooking them up just to update the OS.

17. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

If it has an iCloud logo on the box, it's running iOS 5, if not, iOS 4. Half of the ones I've got on stock have it, half don't, we're in the process of clearing out all our iOS 4 iPads.