Anyone know when Netflix will come to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PhaserFuzz, Jul 23, 2010.

1. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

Has Netflix said anything recently about when their app will be available for iPhone? I can't find anything new.

2. bobab8ey macrumors member

Haven't read anything beyond their initial estimate of this summer.

3. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

4. bobab8ey macrumors member

But fwiw I hope they quickly add to their list of movies that can be streamed. Their current selection leaves a lot to be desired.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If you don't want to wait, you can manage your Netflix queue via the i.TV app.

6. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

Actually their streaming selection is pretty good. They cant just stream every new release the day it comes out.

7. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

we dont want to manage we want to stream movies on our phone

8. bobab8ey macrumors member

I understand it's not going to be available day and date with the dvd/blu-ray release, but I would think people don't care about older stuff as much as they do new movies for streaming. Some of the biggest movies in recent history - Avatar, Hurt Locker, Titanic, Harry Potter movies. Where are they?

Netflix streaming biggest competitors are the cable companies on-demand services. If they want to blow them away, then make the newer stuff available for streaming as soon as possible. If I'm itching to see Avatar on any given night, then I'm not going to wait who-knows-how-long for it to be available to stream. I'm gonna bring up my on-demand menu, pay $5, and watch it right away.

9. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

Im sure there is some process to be able to get permission to stream a certain movie. I dont think they have the right to just stream any movie they want. Also if they did stream movies only like a month after they were released they would lose a ton of money to people just getting the cheapest plan because they wouldnt need to get physical discs. I get 2 dvds at a time and used to get 3. If most movies got streamed eventually I would probably just get the 1 dvd a month and stream everything but new releases. Its a business strategy and its smart by them.

10. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740

I think this might have something to do with it.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-01-06/netflix-warner-bros-end-dispute-reach-deal-on-dvds-update3-.html

Edit: And an additional source, as the Business Week article is refusing to load for me.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/01/07/netflix-hollywood-deal/