Anyone know when they are adding iCloud support for 10.6 Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Wicked1, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I have a 2010 Mini and I did not upgrade to Lion yet, because I have another 2011 Mini with Lion and I am not sure I am going to keep it, I prefer the 2010 Mini.

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I expect iCloud support to come to Snow Leopard eventually but it might not be free.

BTW, why do you prefer the 2010 Mini? I have older Minis and I pried them open, upgraded to 2 GB of RAM and SSD and upgraded them to Lion. They run fine. I'm upgrading our MobileMe family pack to iCloud one sub-account at a time. Soon enough, no member of my family will have to so much as think about syncing or backing up their iPhones. But when I read your post, I'm puzzled about how a 2010 Mini might be preferred over a 2011 Mini.

3. PhilConners, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011

PhilConners macrumors newbie

By the sound of it- looks like it might not be coming https://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/06/06Apple-Introduces-iCloud.html

Makes me mad, because they are offering it to users of previous versions of windows! Vista users can use icloud. Vista came out in 2006... snow leopard came out barely 2 years ago and its the company's own OS. Apple really knows how to take care of its customers!

Not to mention find my iphone is migrating from mobile me to icloud. This means that SL users are not only missing out on new free services but actually losing features.

On the bright side, someone found a way to get your @me account to work in the 10.6 mail.app
    http://castelliweb.com/2011/06/icloud-mobileme-lion-snow-leopard/

4. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

I wish they would. I've been using mobile me for years, and now they take away the basic functionality if I don't spend more money to upgrade the Mac OS and many of the applications. I wasn't planning on moving to Lion until I buy a new Mac next year and get it for no extra charge.

5. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Right now only because some apps do not work in Lion, so I am running both side b y side and slowly moving over. I also have the Superdrive in the 2010 Mini, however I am not thrilled with what they did with Lion, alsl the features that were in SL by default, they hid in Lion, also the nice colorfulness of SL is gone to boring Grey in Lion :mad:

I also find scrolling annoying in Lion, but I have yet to get a BT keyboard and Trackpad