Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ttinc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
I tried googling it for a while, but can't seem to find anymore pictures of this mock up that I think looks pretty awesome from this one picture:
iphone-6-concept.png

Edit: tracked down a video from the CIP logo in the top corner of the video and found the guy that did the renderings with an album here http://www.flickr.com/photos/arthur97reis/with/10910987315/

Last edited:

ttinc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
It's beautiful, but I'm hoping for something a little more dramatic.

Ya, it does look quite familiar (like a shrunken down iPad) albeit it does look pretty clean -- especially the front of it all being one piece of glass.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
That looks far more like a concept for an iPod touch than an iPhone

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Last edited:

thenewone

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2013
I am loving these "Air"-inspired iPhone design concepts! Here's another one from http://iphonesoft.fr/2013/12/30/iphone-6-iphone-6c-ios-8-concepts-imagines-iphonesoft (French website, but pictures are worth a thousand words):

iphone-6-iphonesoft-isoft-concept-1.jpg

iphone-6-iphonesoft-isoft-concept-3.jpg

And this is my [totally reasonable] wishlist for the next gen iPhone:
  • 'Air'-inspired design
  • 4.5"-5" 1080p screen (likely)
  • Quad-core 20nm A8 processor (likely)
  • 2gb+ of LPDDR3 (or even LPDDR4) RAM (necessary!)
  • 128gb storage option (likely, since iPad has it)
  • 12+ hour battery life (unlikely, since :apple: is always so proud to just have "up to 10")
  • Improved camera optics/sensor (likely, even if 8Mpx remains)
  • 24+ FPS full-res Burst Mode (highly likely thanks to the recent acquisition of SnappyLabs)
  • Quick Reply in iOS 8 (seriously...its about time we finally get this feature)
  • Expand the new "Reduce White Point" feature (found in iOS 7.1b3) to be more like f.lux jailbreak tweak!

Thats not too much to ask for, right :apple:? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I love these designs far better than some others I've seen.

Not a huge fan of the edge-to-edge display though. The mock up the OP posted looks a lot like a thinner, metal iPhone 5C design which I'd be a HUGE fan of. The 5C is the most comfortably designed smartphone I've ever owned.

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
I am loving these "Air"-inspired iPhone design concepts! Here's another one from http://iphonesoft.fr/2013/12/30/iphone-6-iphone-6c-ios-8-concepts-imagines-iphonesoft (French website, but pictures are worth a thousand words):

And this is my [totally reasonable] wishlist for the next gen iPhone:
  • 'Air'-inspired design
  • 4.5"-5" 1080p screen (likely)
  • Quad-core 20nm A8 processor (likely)
  • 2gb+ of LPDDR3 (or even LPDDR4) RAM (necessary!)
  • 128gb storage option (likely, since iPad has it)
  • 12+ hour battery life (unlikely, since :apple: is always so proud to just have "up to 10")
  • Improved camera optics/sensor (likely, even if 8Mpx remains)
  • 24+ FPS full-res Burst Mode (highly likely thanks to the recent acquisition of SnappyLabs)
  • Quick Reply in iOS 8 (seriously...its about time we finally get this feature)
  • Expand the new "Reduce White Point" feature (found in iOS 7.1b3) to be more like f.lux jailbreak tweak!

Thats not too much to ask for, right :apple:? :rolleyes:

i love that design

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
A shrunken iPad style iPhone would do nicely for me, nice curved back edges and maybe a software based home button/fingerprint scanner or a re design to make it feel smoother/updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.