iPhone 5 or earlier Anyone know where or if I can get a replacement for this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jf2000, Apr 15, 2018.

1. jf2000 macrumors newbie

This iPhone 4 camera doesn't work. It came that way when I got it from eBay. The seller said that the camera stopped working after a screen replacement. Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the individual component, or if I should just get a new logic board? IMG_022_edited.PNG

2. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

Given that the IPhone 4 should be extremely affordable and out of date, I don’t know that I would throw good money after bad to repair that. That’s practically an antique by today’s standards.

3. jf2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it turns out I just won another iPhone 4 for $20 on an eBay auction. I guess it doesn't matter that much

4. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

What I'm wondering is why you're buying an iPhone 4 on eBay if they're terribly slow and unsupported.

5. jf2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought one because I want to be able to tackle complicated repairs on phones. Also the iPhone 4 is cheap so I thought if this one didn't work out then I could probably find another one for a similar price. I am also collecting iPhone models, I have this iPhone 4, a 3GS, a 3G, and a 5. Oh, and I guess another iPhone 4 on its way in the mail. I also want to get an iPhone 1st generation, but getting one in decent condition is pretty expensive.

6. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

Ah, it's so you can learn what an iPhone is like inside and become more familiar with it?

7. jf2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly.

8. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

This is actually a really good idea and one I might use in the future - although newer iPhones have different components than the iPhone 4 and 4s it should be very similar.

9. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Next time, the ifixit forum maybe a better place to find these.