Anyone know where to get a hardcare for MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wankey, Feb 26, 2009.

1. wankey macrumors 6502a

After reading about all these drops and destroyed MBPs, I can't bear that happen to my precious. I've already dropped it twice (both times in my laptop bag) and it was fine, only with a few issues (the aluminum above the DVI port juts out, only after a lot of hammering did I get it flush again with the DVI port)

I was thinking of making my own hard care for the mbp, get a box the size of a mbp and foam pad the insides like crazy, then foam pad the outside and sow it into my bag. Anyone know where I can buy one of these?

2. Repo macrumors 6502a

Repo

Try Safeware. You can insure almost anything you would need to.

3. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

I think the OP is talking about a hard case? Because he wants to make it and sew it into his bag?

4. wankey thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah a hard care, ie the case is entirely stiff and it's heavily padded. I have a bunch of soft cases that IMO do jack **** when it comes to dropping the laptop or my bag.

5. amorican macrumors member

amorican

I just got an incase hardshell and it's great. I bought it on Craigslist, but the Apple store carries them. One thing is the screen won't open much past 90 degrees. I just filed off the back of the case and now it's fine.

6. Phat Ham macrumors member