Anyone know where to get inexpensive yet decent screen protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 55test55, Jul 29, 2013.

1. 55test55 macrumors 6502

For the iPhone 5? Links would be greatly appreciated!

2. waa1futs macrumors 6502

1. Go to Apple store
    2. Swipe a set and run like hell
    3. ?????????
    4. PROFIT!

;)

3. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

4. Sputnek macrumors regular

5. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I literally just bought these screen protectors a week ago from eBay. Less than $1.50 including shipping for six of them. I've never understood why people buy expensive screen protectors when there are so many cheap options like this.

6. kaielement macrumors 65816

I use a zagg one and if anything happens they replace for free at the corporate kiosk unless I have them do the install for $5. Totally worth it.

7. michaelfields macrumors regular

This is the best thing that's ever happened to my iPhone. It's already saved my screen once, emailed them and they sent a code to get a replacement half price within a couple of hours, it was here within three days.

Excellent customer service, can't even tell there's a screen protector on it, and if you drop your phone the protector MIGHT crack but even if it does you peel it off and your phone is perfectly fine. http://mimeusa.com/product/iphone-5-ghost-glass-tempered-glass-screen-protector/#

8. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

9. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

Surprisingly the screen protectors from Dollar Stores are really decent and come with two screen protectors. Using one right now and better then the majority of the screen protectors I've bought. It's definitely better then the over priced Zagg and doesn't have their jelly feel.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

SO, it's not inexpensive, but look into Spigen glas.t line. They are over $30, but they are actual glass with their own oleo phobic coating, and will likely last the life of the phone.

11. DGPMaluco macrumors regular

Chinese whole sellers, no I'm not joking, everything I get is from those whole sellers

12. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Inexpensive and decent are both highly subjective. Give us a specific budget and explain exactly what you're looking for. You might also want to check out the Accessories subforum where there are countless screen protector threads you can also refer to.

13. CoMoMacUser macrumors 6502a

Amazon and Rakuten (formerly Buy). Both have plenty of choices and price points, and the reviews usually are pretty helpful for identifying pros and cons (e.g., "My finger was able to slide around like it was glass").

14. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

I remember like 4 months ago I bought 5 or front and 5 for back, the price was 4 dollars with shipping is I wasn't expecting anything nice. They came and to my surprise they are high quality and feel very good, up to this day I'm still on my first screen protector and it doesn't have any scratches.

My mom also bought an iPhone 5 and wanted screen protectors, I went to the listing and they were 6 dollars now, I bought them and they came 5 days later, I was hoping to get decent screen protectors but these sucked. I put them on my moms iPhone 5 and next day the screen protector was all scratched up. Since I gave my good screen protectors out I took her phone to super mall and some guy installed ghost armor on it.

You can try amazon, just make sure you order from seller in USA if you don't want to wait 3 weeks for shipping.

15. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I had no idea the Dollar Stores carried screen protectors. I'm heading there tomorrow to check it out. My screen protector on my 4S is starting to bubble. I've had it on there for a year now and it's bugging me. Does the Dollar Store one give a rainbow effect?

16. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

17. Sputnek macrumors regular

I haven't tested out their "Lifetime replacements" guarantee, it's just $7.00, which is not worth the hassle in my opinion. However, if you want a descent screen protector, but price is not an issue I would go with the SGP Glass ($25-$33). I bought that for my girlfriend last year and it's still holding tight. The thing is though, you have to put the screen on patiently in a dust-free environment. So if you know anyone who works in any new research labs, I would pay them a visit and put it on in their :D.

18. Zmanbaseball2, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013

Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Anyone know where to get inexpensive yet decent screen protectors?

Trust me it works more than excellent. I just ask and they send. I have 7 extra iPhone 5 packs with 3 protectors in each.
    I actually want a glass screen protector but I want one with lifetime replacement warranty from a branded company people know/ have great reviews on. I am happy with the tech armor one though. If I am we're to get a glass screen protector I would get the iloome one.
    http://www.iloome.com/iPhone-Screen-Protector-Premium-Tempered/dp/B00D8M2TOM
    I also have a bunch of other extra packs for my iPad and iPod touch 5
    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

19. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

Looking at my 4S there isn't any rainbow effect even with oily residue showing up. There might be under certain light condition but I haven't seen any rainbow effects. It's just surprisingly good for $1 and the touch screen response is the best I've seen out there. Bubbles go away if you push them out and comes with a cleaning cloth.

20. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

21. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Last phone I used a screen protector on was the 3G... I didn't know people still used them.

22. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I'm heading there today to check it out. For a $1, why not. I'll post my thoughts later. Thanks!

23. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Why wouldn't you, the screens still can suffer from minor scratches.

OP wish you lived in my area I have a brand new Zagg boxed/sealed I would let you have for $10

24. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

In my experience (2G, 3G, 4S, 5), the glass holds up really well. Any small scratches that do occur aren't noticeable when the screen is on.

As far as resell value, I've never gotten less money for having a phone with minor scratches on the screen. I list it as near mint, and no one has ever complained when they saw it in person.