Anyone know which carrier phone will be the hardest to get?

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Has anyone been keeping track of which carriers sold out first during preorder and/or which will be the hardest to get? I just heard T-Mobile, though the Apple store sold out, still has launch day shipping somehow on it's stores. It just shows how loyal T-Mobile customers who didn't order from Apple Store are enjoying the benefits of being a loyalist. Maybe T-Mobile has the most phones in stock out of the other carriers? Just not at the Apple store?

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
Not sure but planning to camp out at the Verizon store. As much as I love T-Mobile's prices, Verizon iPhones already come unlocked and they do have the best coverage for me in the North Orange County region.

I also read the differences between the Intel that the AT&T/T-Mobile variants are stuck with vs Qualcomm modems. Can't do Best Buy because of the $100 extra charge.

Need it as installments because I can't afford it as whole with S7 edge remaining balance on TMo, so going to sign up for them again. Might trade-in my beloved V20 if it continues to lag and save $300. So Verizon it is.

T-Mobile is definitely my favorite for value, 50GB data until throttling, and in-store customer service. Every Verizon store I have been to in the YL region act like anti-social morons. The TMo female employees are also way hotter and friendlier.

jmlp007

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2017
Has anyone been keeping track of which carriers sold out first during preorder and/or which will be the hardest to get? I just heard T-Mobile, though the Apple store sold out, still has launch day shipping somehow on it's stores. It just shows how loyal T-Mobile customers who didn't order from Apple Store are enjoying the benefits of being a loyalist. Maybe T-Mobile has the most phones in stock out of the other carriers? Just not at the Apple store?
Did you get one?