Anyone know why the S2 has such a long ship time??

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by cptpowder, Nov 11, 2016.

1. cptpowder macrumors newbie

Besides the obvious...was there already a round shipped? 3-4 weeks for a product that launched in sept is a long wait!

2. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Yep we all realize that but no word from Apple or challenges from third party web sites as to why. Supplies do seem to be catching up with demand but very slowly. Apple need to get this sorted before the rumored iphone 8 next year

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

As of yesterday a huge wave of stainless and black stainless hit the store shelves at Apple Store. I had one on order for three weeks and cancelled when I was able to pick up at my local store. I think the dam has broken.

4. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Lots of us on here have had way better luck with Best Buy, I got two S2's myself in early October. The same watches still wouldn't of shipped through Apple and that seems crazy to me.

5. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Yes t has in the States but still no SS in the U.K. And Europe. Maybe shipments will make their way across the pond this week

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Keep checking everyday. I lucked out as now there are few to none while istocknow showed green all over the country yesterday.

7. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

My SS 42mm with white sport and shipped yesterday. Ordered on October 25th. Projected delivery was 3-4 weeks.

UK stock has shifted to 2-3 weeks on apple.com now, but store pickup is still slim pickings.

8. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Yeah mine shipped yesterday 2 weeks ahead of schedule but as you say, still not a lot in the stores.

9. Fozziebear71 macrumors 6502

Fozziebear71

I gave up on purchasing one the first round because of how bad the launch was.

I was set to purchase two this time around. One for me and one for my wife. This launch appears to be as bad as the first time. I gave up. I have to have my iPhone and understand having to wait for that each year simply because of the quantity that they sell. The watch is not a necessity and all I have read is that the sales are expected to be down this year. It's unacceptable. I simply gave up even trying to buy one. I have two co-workers who were going to buy one also but they also lost the desire because you can't actually buy one.