Anyone know why this happened

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nintendochris97, Jul 13, 2011.

  1. nintendochris97 macrumors newbie

    Jul 13, 2011
    When I woke up today and opened my macbooks screen the edge of it opened up and now when I close the screen its a gap between the keyboard and screen?

    And what the term for it is called if there is?

    Attached Files:

  2. Detrius macrumors 68000

    Sep 10, 2008
    Asheville, NC
  3. Young Spade macrumors 68020

    Mar 31, 2011
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Yea it looks like the hinge inside of the screen that holds the parts together broke or snapped. If you can, try pressing it back together and see if it snaps in.

    If not, take it by an Apple store and have them replace it for you.
  4. fullojellybeans macrumors regular

    Mar 31, 2010
    here's all the parts broken:

    Hinge, Rear Display Housing, Clutch cover and possible the Bezel scoop.

    That's what you need to fix it.
  5. ross2121 macrumors newbie

    Jul 19, 2011
    U hav damaged your mac book just get it fixed at any store.

Share This Page