Anyone know why you can't text in widescreen?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by brock2621, Jul 30, 2008.

1. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

I was just wondering why you can't text in widescreen? The buttons are bigger and it's easier to do.

2. nfg315 macrumors regular

nfg315

no logical reason other than because apple didnt program it that way

same reason there is no cut/copy/paste...it was just a feature that was low on their priority list...it could still possibly come out in future updates

3. DamnDJ macrumors regular

DamnDJ

4. brock2621 thread starter macrumors 6502a

brock2621

LOL of course he does :) How stupid of me ;)

But what other features do you all think about in your daily lives that you would like to see?

5. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

haha

Whatever Steve allows us to have. (In a mind-numbing zombie like voice)

I wouldn't want things that I could get on EVERY OTHER phone previous to te iPhone. Like a video camera, or multi-media texts, or God forbid two speakers.
    I'm just being an a$$ I love my phone more than my friends.

6. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

Haha, that quote is full of win.

Voice dialing. In California we can't talk on the phone without a handsfree setup...no voice dialing makes that difficult.

7. brock2621 thread starter macrumors 6502a

brock2621

Yeah i just left LA about 2 months ago and ppl were saying in July that no more cellphone while driving. This would be a nice feature to add. Esp as more and more states follow this law.

I would also like to be able to hold down in text message convo's and have a little "X" by each bubble to individually delete them like apps on the homescreen. Our only option is to clear the whole thing...

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

No argument there.

But I'm not so sure here. This is what I used to think before I owned one myself, but now that I've tried it I realize that it's no fun to type on a keyboard wider than my thumbs can reach. You have to scruntch you hands up and hold the phone much further down in you hand than is comfortable. It's much more uncomfortable to type this way.

You actually like it?

As far as I can tell, the widescreen keyboard ONLY exists because the web browser has to rotate sideways. If it weren't for that it would never have seen the light of day. Don't expect to see it elsewhere.

9. iPhone3G macrumors member

I think I remember reading a post by someone that claimed if you received a text while browsing in landscape mode, you could respond to the text in landscape mode.

I can't recall the details or possibly know if the claim has any validity, but I would be curious to know if anyone can verify or disprove this?

Either way it is something that is easily implemented in an update, and due to the massive demand I have seen for landscape texting around forums and news sites I am hoping that Apple has taken notice as well.

10. umop apisdn macrumors member

umop apisdn

I personally prefer it landscape too.

When I use something like BeeJive for instant messaging, it feels much better and faster.

I find the phone easier to handle in landscape too.

Can't be too difficult to implement

11. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

They might as well add it, since you can choose to use whichever you please. People that have bigger hands might not type as fast on the smaller keyboard as the big one. I find holding the phone with 2 hands upright is hard enough.