Anyone leasing their phone through Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YouGoGlenCocoa, Nov 15, 2015.

1. YouGoGlenCocoa macrumors member

Hi everyone. I'm on at&t next and am eligible for an upgrade as long as i give them the phone back, or pay off the balance. I usually pay the balance but this year i'm fine with giving it back. But i want to lease my next phone through apple. Has anyone done this with at&t? Does it have to be done in the apple store or can i do it all online? Can i even give my at&t phone back in order to do the upgrade through apple?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thanks for your time!

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I'm not sure if this is the right answer but, are you talking about the iPhone upgrade program? If that is the case that is completely different from carrier financing option (i.e Verizon Edge, AT&T Next, T-Mo Jump, etc). Unless you are talking about carrier financing through apple? Two different thing.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You're mixing up 2 things that have nothing to do with each other.
    The AT&T next program and the Apple iphone upgrade program are 2 different types of deals.
    And no you cannot hand in your AT&T next phone at Apple and you cannot do the Apple finance deal at AT&T.
    The Apple finance has to be done at Apple and what you do with the AT&T next program is completely separate from each other.

4. YouGoGlenCocoa thread starter macrumors member

oh okay, so just because i can upgrade my phone because i've made 12 payments, doesn't mean i can say "here at&t take this phone back" and then go do apple's leasing program...?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can do the Apple leasing program and still keep the next phone. They are separate.
    Not really sure how the next thing works and if you can just hand the phone back to them and end the payments.
    I'd call and ask or maybe someone here has more details on that.

6. YouGoGlenCocoa thread starter macrumors member

Thanks man i really appreciate your time!!

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

You can't just hand your "next" device back to ATT. You must either fulfill all payments, buy it out, or select a new next phone once your minimum payments have been made.