Anyone like fixing up/restoring cars?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JurgenWigg, Mar 31, 2009.

1. JurgenWigg macrumors 6502

JurgenWigg

I got it into my head recently that it would be really cool to buy and fix up a 1969 Dodge Charger a few years down the road. Does anyone have any experience they'd like to share?

2. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

I have been playing with cars for about 10 years now. I like the Mustang SVO's the most.

A lot of first timers to the hobby end up selling their cars for a song about halfway through the project because they realized they are in way over their heads. Been there, it hurts.

It is very important to learn about what you are doing first or it will become much more expensive than it needs to.

That said, it is a very fun hobby and seeing you project done it is fantastic.

Both of the cars below are '85's. The black one was my first one, the silver one is my current one. The third pic is of the new fuse box going into the silver one. The last pic is of some of the new wiring behind the fender, split loomed, taped and ready for action.

I figure when I get real serious about the car I'll start a build thread here.

Attached Files:

3. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

I used to mess around with older imports back in my street racing days [circa pre-Fast and Furious]; lately I've been itching for a beat up GTO to fix up. Funny considering I loathe domestics [US]. :rolleyes: