Anyone live in austin and need a reservation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BurntOrangeMac, Jun 21, 2010.

1. BurntOrangeMac macrumors newbie

So when I couldn't get through to pre-order i reserved a 16g iPhone at the Domain apple store.

Later that afternoon I was finally able to pre-order.

I just got my shipping confirmation and tried to call and cancel my reservation so that someone else could have my phone. They told me they couldn't cancel the reservation and it would just "expire" that night when I didn't come pick it up.

I feel terrible that there will be people waiting in line who don't get a phone while one sits with my name on it that I don't even need. I am sorry for reserving one and pre-ordering while some of you weren't able to do either.

If anyone knows that we can transfer a reservation, I will meet you at the domain and give you mine.

Let me know.

2. nowstime macrumors regular

I will be glad to take your reservation. I live pretty close to the Domain. Please PM with your email. Thank~

3. Sp71Supra macrumors regular

You cannot transfer your reservation, I already checked on this... you can but the phone and put it on your plan, but the original reserver needs to be present with id.

4. Blazer5913 macrumors 6502

So I have a question regarding this situation as well, would appreciate the help. I also have a Reservation that I made when I could not pre-order online. I got an email today again confirming I have my iPhone 4 reserved for launch day, and I just need to come and pick it up on the 24th. However, I don't need this reservation anymore but my good friend does. So will this mean that he will be able to buy the phone with his credit card and on his plan, but I must also be at the store presenting my ID to verify that the reservation was mine? I don't mind being at the store as well (actually I want to be, exciting stuff), but want to be sure that this is how the process will work. Thanks

Pat

5. evainefaye macrumors newbie

Like the OP, I ended up reserving in barton square mall when I wasn't able to get an order through, late that evening I was able to get my order through and have it being delivered.

Wish there was some way I could give my reservation to someone as well, but of course I have to be home thursday till my phone comes in.

I figure those who don't get one from walk in stock on thursday will get lucky on friday with all of us released reservations.

6. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

I already have a reservation in Austin... to see Jamie Cullum at Stubbs BBQ in concert next month!
    As we are all obsessed with the phone, for a break I thought I'd change the subject:)

7. nowstime macrumors regular

Since there's quite a people who both pre-ordered and reserved an iPhone, it might be better to target the 25th...

8. Sp71Supra macrumors regular

According to my Apple store, if you are there with your id at the store, your buddy can pay for your phone on his credit card and have it activated on his plan.

I am in the same predicament, my dads friend sells color LED signs, we are in the middle of purchasing one off of him for our business, he was at the shop today and he said I can have his extra reservation(got preorder), he emailed it to me. I called my store and told them the story, they told me he would have to be here. Now I am going to try and call the store tommorow and ask them if him and I could come down Wednesday and present our id's to the manager to save hassle on launch day. Its worth a shot, but if not im hoping he will come down with me at 7am if he has to. I might tell him its a deal but that the check would be waiting for him at the Apple store at 7am on the 24th, lol That might sweeten the pot!