Anyone looking/hunting for an Ipad2 on Sunday??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by phatjoe, Mar 19, 2011.

1. phatjoe macrumors member

Hello:

Based on this website (& forum), it seems like a ton of folks were lined up waiting to purchase an ipad2 on Saturday.

Anyone anticipate waiting in line, or trying to locate an ipad2 on Sunday?

With deliveries not likely to occur on Sunday, and ipads being sold out on Saturday, I'm guessing there may be little activity on Sunday.

Just curious, what others are doing or thinking.... ;)

I'm in the Chicago area, so predicting my chances are slim. Maybe later this week.

Thanks....

2. JulianApple macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm in California. I'm already in line (since 10:15 pm Saturday). Have no idea if Apple got any shipped today. My understanding is what they get shipped today is sold tomorrow. I've heard they don't get deliveries on Sundays, but I'm hopeful they got some today (Saturday). It's gonna be a long cold night:-/

3. thenobody macrumors member

Well you're an ****** tool then!

But I presume you are joking.

Was in apple store today asked the manager about lining up tomorrow and she said not to bother and they don't get shipments for Sunday.
    Also said better on Tuesday cos Monday shipment will be during the day or Monday night.
    And also said they sell them as they get them. Not keeping them until the morning.

Go home!!!

4. slacka macrumors member

Century City Apple Store manager told us (the one who lined up on Sat) they won't be getting any on Sunday so come back on Monday to line up

5. jeffs177 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've heard that Apple stores don't receive shipments on Sunday for Monday, but they do receive them on Saturday for Sunday.

It might be different in other parts of the country, but that's what I understood.

6. Drake Mandrake macrumors newbie

The Apple store at North and Clyborne gets a nightly FedEx shipment on the days that FedEx ships - as does the Michigan Ave. store and all other stores across the country. You have to be there early when they open to even have a chance at getting one.

They don't get FedEx shipments on Sunday, so there's none available on Mondays.

Anyhow, I tried Saturday morning at the Lincoln Park location and got there at 7:45am; there were already 50+ people in line. They only had 21 of them to give out.

Tried again Sunday morning and had success, but was in line at 5:30am and was the 9th person in line. 7 people got there at 3:00am, the next two at 4:30am and 5:15am. They probably had 16-18 to sell. I ended up with a 64GB WiFi because that's all that was left. I wanted the 32GB but I wasn't about to wait in line another time. Fourth time was the charm.

In essence though, they get a FedEx shipment every night, and they don't know how many they have until they open in the morning.