Anyone lose an iPad and now miss it?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by fraggot, Jan 16, 2012.

1. fraggot macrumors 6502

Has anyone had an iPad or iPad 2 and for whatever reason either had to get rid of it or maybe even stolen? Then now you're left without one and miss it dearly?

I know I do, I finally had the money to purchase one and didn't need the money for anything else. I was in a car accident awhile back and it did a lot of cosmetic damage to my car(which I am not particularly fond of) and I got a pretty hefty check, so my option was either use money to fix car or pay off some credit debt so I'll be more financially stable?

Well since I don't really like my car, it gets me where I need to be, I took the money. I paid off all my credit cards and actually paid some of my bills ahead so I wouldn't have to worry about money for awhile. Well after all was said and done, I had enough to afford one and still have enough money to last me until I got paid again.

I broke down and bought a 32GB model and absolutely loved it, it was everything I wanted in a tablet. Well it was short lived, something unexpected came up the following weekend and I had to return it and get my money back.

Since then I've been saving $10 here, $5 there just to save up to get one. I could probably save more to get one but I don't want to bankrupt myself to get it. Pretty much, I miss having it and am so jealous of anyone who has one now.

I figured I'd share my story, anyone else in a similar boat?

2. TonicAngel macrumors regular

I didn't "lose" mine per se, it has some weird hardware malfunction and won't work. Of course this is a yr and a half old and out of warrenty. :( Perfect condition otherwise, the screen did this weird shake (like you are moving icons) and wouldn't stop. It then turned off and went into an apple logo loop from hell. Needless to say - I really miss my iPad. I used it on a daily basis and it sucks not having it around. I didn't realize how much I used it until I didn't have it anymore!

I'm also saving up to pay off a credit card as well as putting more in to get a new one. I think my next will be a refurb but I'll have to wait and see what the iPad 3 has up its sleeve. It's so close, I don't want to have buyers remorse because I didn't wait long enough.

3. fraggot thread starter macrumors 6502

**** man, I totally feel you on that one. I only mine for a week, bought all kinds of applications and games for it and bam gone! I to want to possibly hold out but I can't think of very much that'd make me want the new one or have buyers remorse. I suppose if it has this supposed higher resolution display I'd wait for it, but only if it still has the amazing battery life.

It will be a great day once I get one back, I think this time I'll opt in for the 64GB model though. I just didn't seem to have enough space ever for all I wanted on it, it'd be better if I had internet at my house currently. I live in a really rural area to streaming things just wasn't really an option, so I want more story space.

Well I hope for the both of us, we get one again :)

4. ghostworld macrumors member

ghostworld

That does suck. Since I got my iPad I don't think I could live without it anymore. It is amazing how you really get used to things, and then feel lost if they are gone.
    I hope you are able to get another one soon.

5. fraggot thread starter macrumors 6502

Why thank you, i appreciate it. It's about the same with my iPhone, I've owned every iteration and unless they stop making them I will always have one.

I'll never forget the first time I opened my original iPhone(remember when they gave you a dock for free?), it was the same when I opened my iPad for the first time. SOME DAY!

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Did you try a DFU restore? If not, google it for info on how to do it. If that doesn't work, and you have an Apple store near you, take it into the Genius bar, and ask how much it will be to fix out of warranty. They often repair/exchange for a reasonable fee.

7. ghostworld macrumors member

ghostworld

LOL Yeah, I remember when I got my first iPhone, the 3g. I got it after work, went home and started playing with it. All of a sudden it was 2 am and I had no idea where the time went. As of right now, I can't see myself owning anything other than an iPhone.
    I have a feeling when the iPad 3 comes out I'll probably sell mine iPad 2 and pick it up.

8. wgnoyes macrumors 6502

We just bought one 2 weeks ago and my wife took it to a trade show in las vegas this past weekend for 9 days. Yeah, I miss it!

9. lolwut89 macrumors member

I had mine for a few months. Loved it, but I gave it to my sister who wanted an iPad and my parents got me a Galaxy Tab 10.1 that I wanted at the time.

If only had I known that Android marketplace was broken at the time I wouldn't have dared to touch it. The only reason why it's useful now is because I can buy apps on my cellphone from android market place then have it download on my Galaxy Tab. Very pitiful if you ask me.

I also had to send my Galaxy Tab 10.1 in and the Samsung support rep told me because I didn't have a receipt that it was out of warranty. I told him how can a product released (then) summer of this year could be out of warranty? He issued me a repair number right away. Idiot.

I still love my Galaxy Nexus & Android 4.0 and I think it's a lot better than iOS- but for a tablet OS, iOS has no equal.

I've been thinking about buying another iPad but I just bought a Macbook Air so I have a lot of overlap between the Galaxy Tab and Macbook Air.

10. TonicAngel macrumors regular

Yes, I tried that DFU restore for approximately 5 hrs on a Saturday with it just in the endless apple loop. :( Unfortunately I do not live close to an Apple Store. It's about 3 1/2 hrs away.

I did get it to finally go to a "setup your new ipad screen" and then it did the screen shake again and back to the apple loop. :(

11. fraggot thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I've heard a lot of bad things about the broken app store there. My sister loves it because almost everything is free cause they just throw a bunch of ads into stuff so if people do pirate it, they still get paid. But I'd rather pay 99 cents and get a fully working non-annoying version.

12. lolwut89 macrumors member

They kind of hammered it out with Honeycomb 3.2. It still happens but it's a lot better than it was. Honeycomb really is Google's "Vista" ...

13. fraggot thread starter macrumors 6502

Well sadly, I will not be getting one with my taxes as planned. Somehow I ended up owing money, go me.

So, maybe I'll get the iPad 7

14. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I miss my iPad too. I sold my 1st gen to get my first MacBook Air since I wanted something for school and the iPad didn't work out as much as I wanted it to. But now I still miss it, so when the iPad 3 comes out I'll be getting it. As much as I thought the MacBook Air was a substitute for the iPad, for walking around campus or hanging out at the library reading stuff, the iPad is much better than any laptop, even though the 11" MacBook Air is tiny.

15. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

Yeah, I had my iPad 2 during the summer for about a month, but I had to return it because I needed money for a plane ticket because of a family emergency. I do miss it a lot, but I'm waiting for the iPad 3 to come out now.

16. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

I could not live without my iPad, each time I sell one I put the money on a applegiftcard so I have it for the next Gen.