Anyone made a semitosh? (NOT a hackintosh!)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Airforcekid, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

I was given an older windows XP machine I thought it would be a better idea to keep windows and modify the OS to look like Leopard long story short it matchs leopard about 80 percent of the time. Anyone elese attempted this?:apple:

FOR XP! http://download.cnet.com/FlyakiteOSX/3000-2072_4-10457070.html Makes it like tiger however with modding can look like leopard. Must uninstall SP3 and stay on SP2 check all boxes!

FOR VISTA! http://www.brothersoft.com/leopard-transformation-pack-209617.html havent used this so I cant confirm if it looks good!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I've done it. It's not at all hard to do, at least on Windows XP. You just need the right tools (or package thereof, like Flyakite OSX).

3. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Put it on an old Toshiba laptop. Made it dog slow, 2.4GHz P4, 1GB RAM. Looked pretty though.

4. Airforcekid thread starter macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

I googled for the guide I used cant find it now. My specs are worse than that but it seems to have improved my performance maybe because all my apps are on the dock instead of the desktop?

5. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I've tried programs like that before they always seemed buggy and slow to me. Even back in the days when I was using these to make System 7 look like the expected Copeland:p.

As for programs on the desktop. That has always driven me up the wall with Windows users. The Start button is a great place to keep them and remove that clutter.

6. Airforcekid thread starter macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

I perfer using a dock even on windows. I hate having them on the desktop it slows down startup etc. Its also easier to open and quit apps its amazing once you find how many run in the background!

7. jashsayani macrumors regular

jashsayani